X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fig Pizza

Fig pizza and tomato pizza is a staple at my house in the summer. Here is the step by step process that my wife uses to make this pizza. The ingredients are caramelized onion, prosciutto, mozzarella, and arugula. The figs she likes to use are usually a dark fig. This time she used Ronde de Bordeaux and an unk from Vibo Valentia.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 7 photos.
    Art
    Western Pa -6a

That looks tremendous, Art, especially with a super high quality fig like rdb! My rondes never make it that long to be baked/cooked.

Comment

We try tis one time was great... Then Zia bake crust like cracker first and wrap fig with prosciutto And fresh cheese in muffin tin. Once warm melted smash all
      Onto baked crispy crust😉
      Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
      1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
      2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

So...it's a cold pizza right? You just cook the crust, put the stuff on it and chow; no time in the oven cooking other than the crust itself?
        Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
        Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

• kubota1
          kubota1 commented
          Editing a comment
          The figs and onions get cooked. The prosciutto, mozzarella pearls, and arugula get put on when the pizza comes out of the oven.

Awesome pizza and very healthy to boot. Thanks for sharing Art and Mrs. We will be trying to make one very soon.
        (No Ronde for our pizza though. Celeste maybe?)

Comment

Love fig pizza! This weekend I did figs, taleggio, gorgonzola, prosciutto pizzas on the grill. It was awesome. I got the figs at a local farm stand - they were really ripe, in great shape. I'm guessing Black Mission?
          Arne - Northern NJ - Zone 6A

Comment

I'll have to try this! I've paired grapes and pesto in the past to the surprised delight of my guests, I wonder if figs would pair with some form of pesto very well. Fig pizza two ways?
            Oaken Rose, Hillsborough, NC Zone 8a

Comment

Yum! I had some friends over for a BBQ last weekend and ended up making fig, caramelized onion, mozzarella and goat cheese pizzas +/- some prosciutto to supplement the BBQ. They were enjoyed.

Sadly I didn't have enough of my own figs to cover the pizzas, but TJ's is now selling some pretty good Panache and Black Mission figs. We put Black Missions on the pizzas and ate the Panaches fresh. Just seemed wrong somehow to cook the Panache figs.
              Sarah
              Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Working...
              X