X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnisotte

This has been a weird year for my Barnisotte. The normal size for this fig is that large fig in the picture. I've had a handful of small figs this year that ripened already. The rest on the tree are larger like the big fig. The last few years they've had a berry flavor. This year they are very sweet and rich with no berry taste. It's probably due to my lack of care. (fertilizing and water routine.) Needless to say this is a great fig and it never fails to taste great. There's a bunch of weird shaped figs on this tree this year. Along with a bunch of different varieties.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Art
    Western Pa -6a

Every year is so different Art. Looks great. Is that UCD version?
    Rafael
    Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

• kubota1
      kubota1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes.

Art same here. Mine have been very sweet, but lacked the berry flavor I expected.
    Youtube: PA Figs eBay: tdepoala
    Wishlist: Galicia Negra, Paritjal Rimada, Black Ischia UCD

Comment

All of my figs are smaller and have less flavor than I'd expect and I've been watering and fertigating regularly. My highs have been in the mid 80s to mid 90s and lows over 65 for 2 months. It did rain a lot but that stopped long before any figs started to swell. I even added worm castings and lime.

The last 2 years had excuses. It was too cool. This year it's just weird. Looks great, no flavor

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150813_220344.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	34842
      Bob C.
      Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

• kubota1
        kubota1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It does look good. Another thing I think I should have done this year is to thin the fruit. My trees are loaded. I think that has stressed the trees and some of the figs are smaller. I've lost huge branches with pounds of figs that broke at the trunk.

• Harborseal
        Harborseal commented
        Editing a comment
        That's gotta hurt.

I have one in ground from ucd, I haven't tried a fig from it yet because the first ones dropped but it has a good bit on it now, it seems like it will be a productive tree after it grows.
      Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Those do look good Art.
        Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Barnisotte is still cranking out the figs. They are now the normal size. Much larger than those first few.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
          Art
          Western Pa -6a

Comment

Working...
          X