X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Hershell

Last Saturday I had the good fortune of dropping in on Hershell. What a great pleasure it was to tour the iconic fig and citrus emporium we've heard so much about on the forum! I hope he doesn't mind that I post a couple of pictures. To be honest, I was so engrossed in sampling figs, learning to graft, and generally absorbing all there was to see that these are the only ones I remembered to take. I learned later that Wills was thinking of meeting up with us, but in the end could not. This ranks with Jean Luc's tour in Provence a month ago! Thanks Hershell.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Frank Tallahasee 8B
    North Florida Figs

Looks like a sight to see! Nice to see members creating real friendships.
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Sounds like an amazing and nearly overwhelming day. One day perhaps.
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Funny this topic came up. The Figster and myself just finished a get together with Rui up here in Connecticut. He sure has some amazing trees and it was great talking figs. Thanks Rui for an interesting evening and sharing your fig knowledge.
        Dave- Waterford, Ct. Zone 6a

Comment

That netting looks familiar
          Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Hershell and FMD are great hosts!
            Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

I also had a fantastic visit with Hershell. Learning to graft was a bonus treat.
              Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Comment

Working...
              X