X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebanese Red/Red Lebanese

Ok this is what I mean about my birds. The tree was netted!!!! It's enough to make a grown man pull out his hair.

This is the Bass Fig. Does anyone have pictures of the other Leb Red to compare?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
    Frank Tallahasee 8B
    North Florida Figs

Time for a 2X4 frame with metal netting.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

My tree of Lebanese Red is pretty productive this year but none look red so far, a dark fig here in my climate.
      My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Tree is looking good Frank. Nothing ripe on mine yet,
        Greg Luchak
        N.W. Arkansas - Zone 6b

Comment

• FMD
          FMD commented
          Editing a comment
          You gotta move to Florida, Gregg. On second thought, the birds, the birds!

You're way ahead of me. If you want leaves I can post plenty of those.
        Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

I'd be interested in some leaf pics Bob.
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Yes it looks like the mommy.

Comment

Frank, I know what you mean. I had one (1) fig on my J H Adriatic that had just started
              to swell. This morning, half of it was gone.
              newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Do they all have this open eye? How was the taste?
                Thanks for showing!
                USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

• FMD
                  FMD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tasted pretty good for a bird-slobbered fig. More figs will be needed to determine taste and eye size.

Originally posted by COGardener View Post
                I'd be interested in some leaf pics Bob.
                Photos this weekend, then.
                Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

• COGardener
                  COGardener commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you.

I have an U. Lebanese. .. I'm wondering how simular the leaves may be.

After a summer of out of town guests and family, endless camps for the kids, a week away with the in laws, I am able to turn my attentions to figs.
                I purchased from eBay a Lebanese Red back in June - It arrived with 3 fruit which I left on fully expecting them to drop.

A week a way in upstate New York and I was anxious to see my figs and this one in particular. 2 had dropped and I gave little hope for the reaming one. In one day it turned color and a gentle squeeze it fell into my hand. Was this a Ripe Lebanese Red fig ?

As you can see its not very spectacular, but when I was finally able to share it with my wife I got a thumbs up!

It tasted great, rich, sweet and chewy. Wish I had 10 more.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                Ian

Really happy with what I have.

Comment

• FMD
                  FMD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mine did not look like that. Is that a Marius variety?

• The Figster
                  The Figster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My Lebanese Red came from Churl82 on eBay, he states his source as HarveyC

Here's one that the birds haven't gotten yet.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                Frank Tallahasee 8B
                North Florida Figs

Comment

Very nice looking Frank!

Comment

As Promised:

Bass'

Click image for larger version

Name:	lJq58rGB0N4uvj_T_24FrvbvWb-KBlxlOPKhtv_sTVog=w518-h918-no.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	35094

Comment

I tried to attach a photo of Marius' to the above post and it told me all my changes would be lost. So I canceled that and Marius' LR will be in this post Only the yellower foreground leaves are the LR.

Name:	nBeHHTDI9XczShRgD_IkYjSKSPQN4Hvket52j7rh714D=w518-h918-no.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	35097

Comment

I tried to attach another photo of Marius' and it told me all my changes would be lost. This was on trying to post the second photo. I'll post as many as it will let me. Still Marius' LR

Name:	gYh13O1Hl5FIkJ46lwqfKobZtK4B9E1djd26vgvX3u1I=w1632-h918-no.jpg
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	35100

Name:	_51WrWXWTgENz11AoQZRXMxbZ8CuoP2SVClExls5tOK-=w518-h918-no.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	35101

Name:	yYw8ldsYJCgAiissYRYMamEQqj-Ji7vBiLv2LZQozKHn=w1632-h918-no.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	35102
                        The pot on the right is Marius' LR. The leaves closest to the camera are from that pot but not the ones at the bottom of the photo.
                        __________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Name:	8k_TUXKRXYucwMfBQgqvtlnqMV-F-irj6mXk80-W2yk7=w518-h918-no.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	35103

Comment

Thank you for the pics Bob. The leaves are considerably different than my U. Lebanese. I thought that they may simular.

Comment

I tried to attach another photo of Marius' and it told me all my changes would be lost. This was on trying to post the second photo. I'll post as many as it will let me. Still Marius' LR

The pot to the right of center is Marius' LR. The leaves closest to the camera and the leaves just down from and to the right of those are from that pot but not the ones at the bottom center of the photo.
                            __________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Last edited by Harborseal; 08-15-2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Where and who is your Unknown from?
                              Last edited by Harborseal; 08-15-2015, 06:32 PM.

Comment

It was gifted to me by Andy in Denver, I do not know where he got it from.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Comment

OK, second fig...much better. Rich tasting, full flavor. Keeper. Thanks Gregg/
                                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.
                                  Frank Tallahasee 8B
                                  North Florida Figs

Comment

• JamesB
                                    JamesB commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Hey FMD has this fig improved or changed in flavour since you made this post? I would love to get an update from you 😊 Thanks!

Bob, here is the U. Lebanese leaf pic.
                                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

FMD, how do the leaves posted above compare with yours?

Comment

• FMD
                                      FMD commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Bob, for lack of a better term, mine are not as &quot;sculpted&quot; as yours or Scott's. ?Climate, age?
                                      Leaves are hard...fruit should be much easier.
                                  Working...
                                  X