X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight's figs

The salce (7.5 out of 10) was honey sweet and rich, but still not as sweet as the Colasanti white, we had this morning. Hubby and my favorites tonight was the MBVS and U. Dominick Italian, both were sweet berry and rich. We gave them 8 out of 10. The atreano OR was not a hit, it was sweet and little rich, but Hubby did not like the texture, too mushy, so it got a 6-6.5. Thanks for looking.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Von, Northern VA 7a

Very nice Von. They all look good.
    Art
    Western Pa -6a

Comment

Yes, I have eaten a couple Atreanos in the last 2 days and agree Atreano is a big mushy fig! This doesn't bother me but I understand how it could bother some. They all look tasty though.
      Steve
      D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
      WL: Nantes Maroc

Comment

Great looking dish, Von!
        Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Is your Atreano OR the same as Atreano RR (RR = Rolling River Nursery)? If not, what is the 'OR'?
          Are you able to post leaf pic of it? Thanks!
          Ed
          SW PA zone 6a

Comment

What a beautiful selection of figs!!!!! Thanks for sharing Von!

Comment

Thanks everyone. It was the first time in a long while where we had more than one fig to share among the 2 of us. Cutting a 6 gram fig into 2 pieces can be hard!

Steve, Hubby wasn't thrilled about the consistency and I don't know if I like it or not....so it stays for now and we are going to try another one not as soft.

Ed, the OR stands for Original ( I got it from mgginva), this was how it was sold to me and I tend to keep the same name so not to confuse myself when I pass it on. It is not the RR one. The pictures below are of the leaves and 2 more fruit about to be picked.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
              Von, Northern VA 7a

Comment

• eboone
                eboone commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Von, I have 2 young Atreanos of different origin, neither of which is RR. My first figs on the 2y old one should be ripe pretty soon.
            Working...
            X