X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First fig of the year on my honey soaked unknown (PIX)

I wish I knew what this was, they are big, prolific, and dripping with honey! This tree was mature when I bought my house 7 or 8 years ago. It survived last year's nasty winter without too much dieback. I'll be happy to eat them whether or not anyone here can identify. No breba crop on this, quick to split when ripe, seriously delicious.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.
    Oaken Rose, Hillsborough, NC Zone 8a

Looks like a Brunswick.
    Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
    Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the photos and info.
      I'm with Calvin, looks like a Brunswick Cultivar. Good Luck.
      Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Thanks you guys, it surely looks like a Brunswick from all the pictures I'm looking at.

Comment

great looking fig
          andreas-patras Peloponnisos Greece zone 9a

Comment

I'm really digging the leaf as well as the fruit. If you are going to offer cuttings this fall, I'm in and I'm sure many others will be also.
            Last edited by COGardener; 08-14-2015, 04:24 PM.
            Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I'd be happy to do some trades, anybody who is interested let me know. What have you got to trade Scott?

Comment

57 of my 62 trees are either freshly rooted cutting this year or TC plants.

I'm sure we can still work something out.
                Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I was going to say Brunswick....but....it appears to be a chorus...

anyone coming to the west coast get together on the 29th...there will be some in gallons for the taking
                Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

Very nice Brunswick . Thanks for sharing OR.

Comment

Working...
                  X