X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lattarulla 2015

These are my first figs from this 2nd year plant. Actually my first main crop figs this year. Very sweet, pleasant flavor. Best I can do description-wise, not very experienced with fig flavors yet.

There seems to be some confusion on this variety. The Edible Landscape nursery describes their Lattarulla as being similar to Desert King, a breba fig with an inferior second crop. Mine is definitely not a breba crop, was obtained from a friend, no idea the original source. Also some discrepancy regarding spelling of the name, sometimes seen with one T or one L.

Anyway, my wife, her mother and I split these 2, we enjoyed them!

Click image for larger version

Name:	lattarulla.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	34704Click image for larger version

Name:	open lattarulla.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	34705
    Ed
    SW PA zone 6a

Thanks for sharing the photos and info.
    Edible Landscaping is the only place where Latarulla (tt, ll) has been linked to a San Pedro Type fig...

Its an Italian Honey fig (group) and the brebas are the earliest ripening figs in NYC with main crop ripening in July (after mild winters).
    Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

My Italian Honey figs are just starting to ripen now. Last year they were just ok. I'm hoping this year they are as tasty as people say they are.
      Johnny
      Stuff I grow: Google Doc

Comment

• rusty hooks
        rusty hooks commented
        Editing a comment
        They are

I keep seeing so many varieties that I have either started or acquired this year. Makes very exited for the next couple of seasons.

Very nice Ed, I'm lov'n it!
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Picked my first Italian Honey today. I wasn't planning on taking a picture since I picked this one a day or two early since I was concerned about small splits around the eye.

It was much sweeter than my ones last year. The taste lived up to its namesake. It tasted a lot like biting into honey-infused fruit. I still like the dark figs more at the moment, but Italian Honey has graduated to the keeper list this year.

Name:	Italian Honey.JPG
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	35122
        Johnny
        Stuff I grow: Google Doc

Comment

Just wanted to add a picture of the latest fig from this plant/variety because it seemed so much larger than the first ones (have had a couple of others since original post). Need to get a scale to help with comparisons (my wife already thinks I'm obsessed because of taking pics of many of the harvested figs - why would she think that??) Anyway, posting this just to demonstrate some variability. This was not quite as moist as the previous ones, but tasted the same.

Name:	lattarulla 8 19.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	36055

Name:	lattarulla open 8 19.JPG
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	36056
          Ed
          SW PA zone 6a

Comment

Nice fig Ed. Looks like you went fig happy and picked it a couple of days too soon.
            Don't give in to the pressure Ed. Tell your Mrs that we NEED the pictures!!! Lol

Comment

right up there at the top of the list of my favorites....and 2 crops...batta bing
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
              Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

Working...
              X