X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genovese Nero

This is probably my best tasting fig that I have. The best way that I can describe this one is. Remember eating that square shaped gum as a kid that had the liquid inside. This fig is very similar. When you bite it just bursts with this intense flavor. Very berry!
    These ones are a bit smaller than usual.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Art
    Western Pa -6a

Just when I thought I was done with my collection...
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Very nice. I can't wait!
      newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

• kubota1
        kubota1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mike, I ate a few from a tree that was rooted when yours was. They are good, but next year will be much better for you.

Good to hear. I have the one green fig still there but not swelling yet. Thank you.
      newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

The holy grail...looks awesome Art.
        Rafael
        Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

• Taverna78
          Taverna78 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sì! Wonderful Amico! Is my hope to eat one day

awesome looking pictures and fruit Art!!!
        andreas-patras Peloponnisos Greece zone 9a

Comment

Mine is a rooted cutting from this year. ... the anticipation will be over overwhelming for the next couple seasons.

Art. .. Nice! !!
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Mine has put on all sorts of growth but figs developed too late so I have removed them. I'm sure I'll get a crop next year - but where will I put this huge thing??? Need to buy some land.
            Steve
            D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
            WL: Nantes Maroc

Comment

• kubota1
              kubota1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha ha. I told you.

This is definitely one of my favorites so far this year, surprising me for a young tree (about 9 months 22 days from rooting to first fruit). I will have some more coming.

I don't know if my one large fruit was caprified or not. What's the maximum weight you'd guess that any of you have had for one in your history of growing it?
            My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

• kubota1
              kubota1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've had about a half dozen figs from a tree that was rooted this fall/winter. They don't compare to my old trees. Just wait until next year.

• HarveyC
              HarveyC commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay, I'm open to that possibility, but my tree is pretty big (about 5') and this fig was really great. I have a second tree started at the same time that is about half as large.

Here's a photo of my larger of two trees started 10/20/2104 and a fruit from 8/11/2015. I had picked the first fruit on 8/5 but it was a couple of days too early. This tree is about 6' tall.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
            My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

• AscPete
              AscPete commented
              Editing a comment
              Harvey,
              Thanks for sharing the photos.

Art,

Thanks for sharing the photos and info.
            Could you please post photos of leaves? Thanks.
            Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

• kubota1
              kubota1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Pete, I posted a bunch of leaf pictures on 7-12-15. Under Genovese Nero Breba.

• AscPete
              AscPete commented
              Editing a comment
              Art,
              Thanks

Still not as big as usual, but the standard in taste. It's by far my best tasting fig. I should get 50-100 ripen in the next few weeks.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
            Art
            Western Pa -6a

Comment

Art, great info as usual! And no fair in getting 50-100 premium figs! I can't even claim getting one yet!
              Von, Northern VA 7a

Comment

• kubota1
                kubota1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Von. It won't be long and you will be getting your fill.

Sadly my Genovese Nero ended up dying. I don't think the roots system was developed enough when I up potted it. The leaves ended up wilting and falling off then never came back.
              Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Working...
              X