X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netting A Hedge

This one's for you Hershell. Thanks!

We shall see if the world's nastiest birds figure it out. They always do.
    I feel like Wyle E. Coyote going against the Roadrunner. Beep! Beep!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Frank Tallahasee 8B
    North Florida Figs

Frank look great! I can't believe you guys have so many problem with bird. But I would deal with bird if I was to harvest two crop. But I only get one because summer fast here
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

I'm liking the netting indeed. I (knock on wood) have yet to have bird issues. Yet as the trees grow and actually become tree size. .. lol. I'm sure the birds will start to perch in them, once that happens, the figs will be in jeopardy. Until then, I'll be happy to only deal with hail.
      Last edited by COGardener; 08-15-2015, 04:08 PM.
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• FMD
        FMD commented
        Editing a comment
        Scott, do you have mockingbirds in your part of the world?

• COGardener
        COGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        Thankfully no. Robbinsand crows are usually the most common Grackles come through for a couple months and do a lot of damage. Thankfully that are usually gone before most fruit starts to ripen.

Hey Frank,
      I haven't seen an update video on your trees. I seen the one from 2013 on youtube (a few times lol) but didn't know if you quit putting them on youtube or just haven't done a recent update video.
      Kentucky Zone 6b

Comment

• FMD
        FMD commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Erick. No, been too lazy lately. Maybe next year.

Strong work. You know I saw the oddest thing this morning. There are always birds flying inside Home Despot but today one grabbed a pair of scissors and 4 others picked up a display chainsaw and they all started flying south.
      Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

• FMD
        FMD commented
        Editing a comment
        As long as they weren't headed southeast. HaHa.

Oh ok just making sure.. Lol
      Thanks
      Kentucky Zone 6b

Comment

Working...
      X