X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One kind of bird protection

A couple of pictures of what has been helpful to me for keeping birds off the figs.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Kerry - NH zone 5

Ingenious Kerry!!! How much time do they take on average?
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I remember you mentioning this before. The pictures help, time to start saving my dunkin donuts iced coffee containers.
      Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Bob Harper told me about this idea.
        Takes only as long as it takes to slice down the sides and slip over the ripening fig.
        Doesn't fit in some situations , in which case I use a double layer of mesh/organza bags as a second choice
        Kerry - NH zone 5

Comment

Do the birds ever get the cups off?
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I can't recall any of the 32 ounce cups getting removed by birds , but when I used smaller cups in the past I think squirrels knocked some of them off.
            It is not fool proof , but very very helpful for me.
            The fruit in the picture is a Longue D'Aout breba.
            Kerry - NH zone 5

Comment

It's brilliant in its simplicity! Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Working...
              X