X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bisirri Figs

Just had my 1st from Bisirri #3 today and it was one of the best figs I have had this year, I don't know if the stars aligned, but I will be eagerly anticipating more to evaluate. I had a couple more Bisirri #2 as well which is a fine fig. I know Mr. Bisirri will state they only have 2 figs, but you can read those threads on F4F. They are similar and I have 2 of each from Ricci what he called #2 and #3. one of each in ground and one still in pot. I do think I have 2 different figs as both the #2 been fruiting for a week or so. whereas today was the 1st #3 and most on #3 are aways off yet. The leafs on my inground #3 seems matches the #3 photo in the old threads, but my #3 in pot looks very close to the #2, but does show some leaf like my other #3. Maybe one of the Philly folks that have been growing these for awhile can provide more input. I think I need to get #1 now.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Thanks for sharing the photos and info...
    I've stayed away from the Bisirri Figs simply due to the confounding names.
    Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Ah, but a fig by any other name would still taste as magical.
      Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

I have Bisirri #3 and it is good! Ricci gave me one last year and it is a strong grower. It was one of my earlier producing varieties. I think the first main fruit ripened August 1 here in Lancaster PA. I also like the "closed" eye on it-see pic #3. It resists splitting and probably has/had 25-30 figs on it this, it's second season ( from cutting). Edit: I picked this one early just because it is on my mind now and I will forget later...it was still PDG.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
        Last edited by Bigbill; 08-16-2015, 05:31 PM.

Comment

How was the taste? Are they like most of the Mt. Etna figs? I have Bisirri #2, but not tasted one yet.
          Von, Northern VA 7a

Comment

Yes much along the taste of the Mt. Etna figs, probably in that group which seems to encompass half the dark berry tasting figs
            Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

Working...
            X