X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronx Ukn, Gino's Blk and PP Peachy

I had gotten from Deerhunter (thank you!) last year a few cuttings of the Bronx U. He described it as a large fig that was sweet rich and berry and he was right. As a first year cutting, it gave me 3 figs already and I have one more to go. This fig is a keeper not only for its size but flavor. It was a 8.5 out of 10.

Gino's Black is not much talked about, but it's a good fig. It was rich, sweet and slight berry. Another keeper for sure. It was a 8.5 out of 10.

PP Peachy is small, it was a good fig, but it did drop a few and reminds me of a Celeste. It was a 7.5 out of 10. Thanks for looking.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Von, Northern VA 7a

Looks good. For some reason, I thought Gino's would be darker...more black.
    Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

I thought so too, Don, but they usually look like what is shown in Von's photo. Depending on exposure to sunlight they can be a little darker, but most of mine end up being more like Gino's "brown".

Comment

Yeah, what Bill said. They are not very black, but a good fig. Mine came from a reliable source and I'm finding some of the black in fig names doesn't alway mean black in color.
        Von, Northern VA 7a

Comment

They all look good Von, especially the Gino's Black
          Rafael
          Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

Good to know. I have a cuttings that shows roots from a long time ago but no leaves. I won't be surprised when it's brown if it makes it. :-)
            Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Did PPP taste like peach?
              Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Bob, no the PP Peachy unfortunately did not taste like peach. I was hoping it would, but it was more like a Celeste and really small. My U. Dominick Italian from Coop looks exactly like the PP Peachy, right down to the fruit size, leaves, and taste. I'm thinking that they are both a Celeste variant. BTW, both dropped fruit just like a Celeste.
                Von, Northern VA 7a

Comment

Working...
                X