X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob's GN, VdB, Valle Negra, Gino, Salem Dark comparison

I was fortunate to compare these figs one after another. Valle Negra took the win today. Rob's Genovese Nero was bland, but one I had the other day tasted better. I'm sure they'll improve. Here are tonight's ratings.

Rob's GN - 6/10
    Violette de Bordeaux - 8/10
    Valle Negra - 9/10
    Gino Black - 8.5/10
    Salem Dark - 8.5/10
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Frank, good job. That would be my ratings also. VN is a very good fig and Rob's has been unimpressive this year
    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Nice photos! Frank, are you or anyone else growing both Valle Negra and Nero 600m? Do you think they are the same?
      Steve
      D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
      WL: Nantes Maroc

Comment

• F. Bennett
        F. Bennett commented
        Editing a comment
        I am growing Nero 600m, but this is the first year. I'll be they're very similar.

Nice lineup Dieseler,

Steve I am growing both Valle Negra and Nero 600m, but my Valle Negra is not ripe yet.
      Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

• Rewton
        Rewton commented
        Editing a comment
        OK, so do you conclude (assuming they were treated the same) that they are not the same fig? I would be interested to hear more about how these two compare since I have Nero600m and don't have Valle Negra. Thanks.

• strudeldog
        strudeldog commented
        Editing a comment
        No I am not saying they are same or different, just that I am growing both I purchased a VN that someone else rooted last year and rooted N600m myself last year. They are both young so just cause fruiting at diff times doesn't mean much in my view

Thanks, Phil. I am not Dieseler though.
      Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Working...
      X