X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ebay buyer

I never bought anything via Ebay. So anyway I'm bidding on some fig plants or cuttings. My ID is CLfigs. It's kind of intimidating to click on a bid button, only to see a thing that says I have been out-bid and I now have to make a higher bid. I don't get it. How can I be out-bid so fast? I kind of understand the max bid concept so is that what I'm bidding against? Why doesn't it simply show what the max bid is I have to beat instead of me having to make multiple bids to get the highest bid?

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
    Why doesn't it simply show what the max bid is I have to beat instead of me having to make multiple bids to get the highest bid?
    I think they have determined thru study that it is the best way to get the maximum bids.

Ed
    SW PA zone 6a

Comment

You don't show your hand in a poker game
      Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

I think they do tis to encourage more bidding action more attention to the auction. I agree is stupid but the who Ebay thing just is not as good as it once was. What are you bidding on?
        Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
        1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
        2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Hey Charlie, it's very simple. eBay allows bidders to submit a maximum amount that they are willing to pay for an item. That amount cannot be posted since the item isn't presently selling for that amount. This is the reason you are getting immeadiate outbid notices. By the way I'm the seller you are bidding on a couple of my plants, plant-creator, thanks.

Comment

• newnandawg
            newnandawg commented
            Editing a comment
            Ray, thanks for joining Ourigs.com community.

I have some of your trees and they are really nice. (plug for you)

• Billy
            Billy commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad you are here too Ray, I have at least one of your trees also, you are good seller with nice healthy trees.

Charlie,
          Do not bid, and especially from the outside the U.S. sellers. You should be able to find what you need outside the eBay and keep your blood pressure under control
          USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

I'm only bidding on items from USA, a couple well known forum members and the plant creator up there. I figure since he's from not too far from me he ought to be a good fella. I think it's good to help support each other when we are able.

Comment

No offence to eBay sellers, but selling member to member is also beneficial and cheaper than eBay.
              Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Igor since you mention it, I need a cutting of El Molino to keep my blood pressure within safety limits

Comment

• greenfig
                  greenfig commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now it is not a good time for this, the tree is still green. How about in December ?
                  Last year I took the cuttings from the sunniest side and it seems they are doing really well since they are full of energy. This side is still growing now.

Charlie, if I had one out would be yours. I'm sure someone will help you out.

Best of luck.
                Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Last thing I just bought cost me 23.50. my max bid was 30.00, so it worked out
                  however, I did get outbid on the panache
                  Hi my name is Art. I buy fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs-so I can sell more figs-so I can buy more fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs....

Comment

http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-ho...g-distributors

There are numerous web sites that have Panache for sale.

Comment

I won KK's Bourjassotte Noire, $27 + shipping. Happy to get it. Lost the Black Madeira and Maltese Falcon wars but Ray ought to be happy!

Comment

• cjmach1973
                        cjmach1973 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm trying to stick with varieties that are more cold tolerant, or do well in pots. It hit -18 last winter in my town. I just like the way the panache looks
                        Last edited by cjmach1973; 08-23-2015, 09:22 PM.

I have never listed my wants here but have scored some outstanding trees on ebay. Just to let you know, if someone really wants a particular tree, they will pay the price. Looking at a prize sitting by the fountain. It hurt only when I paid. Feel much better now. So, come September, I will list my wants and hope someone here has my hearts desire. I purchased the trees from members. KK and plant creator have some very nice things.

Comment

Hi Plant Creator, could you please give us the reasoning for your shipping charge - do your your shipped plants come with free choice cuttings as well?

Figster
                        Ian

Really happy with what I have.

Comment

Hey Figster, I use USPS calculated shipping charges. The heavier the package and longer distance the more the charge,but the closer and lighter the package then less of a shipping charge. I do combine shipping up to six plants and the charge is figured the same. A couple of examples of the charges are; to Ca $23 while to the panhandle of Florida only $9 for the same weight and size package.This works best for me. I hope this gives you a better understanding of my shipping charges and no, my plants do not come with choice cuttings.Lol

Comment

Very many of my trees came from cuttings that were given me by people here, some I purchased. My newbness and biting off more than I could chew resulted in killing prime, rare cuttings. I don't feel worthy of asking for them again. Why would anybody want to give away rare varieties to somebody who can't get them to live? I don't expect many would. I should pay for what I get from now on so if there is a loss it's mine to bear.

Comment

Working...
                            X