X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vasilika Sika (Belleclare) very sweet!

Nice large fig. Very sweet and rich. I'd say it's just a tad sweeter than Longue d' Aout. I'd rate it 8.5/10.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	37040

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	37041

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	37042

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	37043

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	37044

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	37045
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

That looks like one I need, lol, I have the Vasalika sika from Vasile (herman2 ), he says it's the one from greece. Idk which one is which but that one looks awesome! I know the one I have doesn't have doesn't have longs skinny leaves.
    Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Ryan,
      Let's trade some cuttings! I'd like to try that version out.
      Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

As a matter of fact I just separated and air layer. It's still a little small for cuttings but I have an air layer, and there is another small side branch I want to set another air layer on.
        Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

For anyone, searching these keywords. Belleclare Vasilika Sika is actually Dalmatie. I believe this was a mixup from Belleclare years ago. Can anyone confirm for sure? I think the original info was on F4F. And for the record, I've never sold this variety as VS BC, in case the subject comes up. Thanks!
          Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Is this the same as Cordi Stella?

Comment

• mountainfigs
              mountainfigs commented
              Editing a comment
              Seems to be, yes.

Frank, I've been growing the Belleclare V.S. for a few years in-ground here. It is very cold hardy. However, it is difficult to coax it to set fruit in the Spring so if it does ripen figs they are very late. It also sets very few figs for the size of the tree. I transplanted it from one location to another and it hasn't set fruit for two years. I really like the way it looks so I will keep it for a couple more years.
            Steve
            D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
            WL: Nantes Maroc

Comment

Here is my one fig, it was very sweet. I do agree, this variety is very reluctant to put out. My tree is on it's second season and it gave me one fig, I think it's worth the wait.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
              Looking for the next best, high quality fig.

Comment

Working...
              X