X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colasanti White

I bought this fig at the grocery store in 2014 along with the Dark version (believe it's a HC). It's in a 7 gallon pot and is about 5 ft tall. I've included the leaves on this one hoping maybe it looks like something with a name? It was shockingly sweet, like eating spoonful of honey. I could only eat 1/4 of it and my hubby who has a sweet tooth could only eat 1/2, he saving the 1/4 for later. I gave it a 8, my hubby 9 out of 10. Thanks for looking.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 7 photos.
    Von, Northern VA 7a

I'm glad to see your favorable report on this fig. Shockingly sweet spoonful of honey sounds perfect

I was able to pick up one of these as well. I haven't been able to try the figs yet but I do have several on the bush that I am hoping will ripen this year. Do you recall how long it took for the figs to ripen after they first emerged as rice size little figs?

Mine started developing figs around July 11th.
    Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Verdolino, Black Celeste, Rubado, Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra

Comment

Don,

I think it was sometime in early July. I would restrict it's water when you get one ripening for the "shockingly sweet" flavors.
      Von, Northern VA 7a

Comment

Really? Around 2 months. Good to hear. I might not have much longer to wait then. Thanks!
        Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Verdolino, Black Celeste, Rubado, Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra

Comment

One of your cuttings Von. I love the big young leaves. Hoping for next year.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
          X