X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship Black Madeira

Well maybe not the start, but due to unfortunate ripening conditions the last couple years and SWD I feel like I finally met the grand lady today.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by strudeldog; 08-29-2015, 08:21 AM.
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Yes, indeed.
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

That is a big beautiful fig Phil. Hope it was delicious!
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Welcome to the club, lol. Looks beautiful!
        Rafael
        Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

Looks amazing Phil , I sure am glad you're my friend!

Comment

Oh,, wait a minute, you ment.... Oops sorry

Comment

• strudeldog
              strudeldog commented
              Editing a comment
              Chris, You need to make that trip up here you talked about. My figs are past their peak in numbers both quantity and number of cultivars, but you would still get to sample some.

Oh I was planning to this weekend but there are just not enough hours in a day ... With work,chores around the house and little miss K and Marching band! Next Friday is my best bet if it's ok with you! Early in the morning.

Comment

• strudeldog
              strudeldog commented
              Editing a comment
              Great Just touch base prior. I am here most time even during week as I work from my house.

That looks like a perfect example! Congrats
            Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Wow, that looks wonderful.
              Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Thanks all she was wonderful. I had posted this about her on F.B. but reposting here.

The eye was tight and as a potted plant I even moved it alone so maybe the SWD would miss but I did not let it soften to the degree I do many. Last year I had several ripen but ruined, and this was my 1st taste of the real lady. Am I the only one when seeing a pic of a great fig ripening hears dramatic music as such a big scene in a movie building. This pic was the day or so before and I could not get the image out of my mind or the music from head that last night and enjoyed her with coffee at light. Yes I know Maybe I need to get a real life
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

Working...
                X