X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Violette De Solliès

Safely under the hedge netting, I can sleep soundly at night knowing I don't have to pick this beauty 2-3 days before full maturity.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Frank Tallahasee 8B
    North Florida Figs

Real nice Frank!

I've been considering the VDS as an addition to my collection. Thoughts? Similar to?
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• FMD
      FMD commented
      Editing a comment
      Scott, I've read that it similar or the same as Borjasotte Noir but have no way of comparing.

I still have a few days before I get to taste this one, as well... like 380 days.

Do you find it to be a slow grower? This one definitely took longer than most to recover from root-pruning. I hope this also means it can go longer between root-pruning.
    Littleton, CO (zone 5b) - In Containers
    N.E. of Austin, TX (zone 8b)- In Ground.

Comment

• FMD
      FMD commented
      Editing a comment
      Bijan, on the contrary, this is one of my faster growers. It is a two year old plant. Too many factors are involved to reason why, I guess.

This is a real good one! I put mines in ground last summer and we had torrential rains for a couple weeks and it drowned, but I was lucky enough to have separated an airlayer from it right before that happened. The back up was planted on a higher spot and is growing like crazy.
    Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Working...
    X