X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you rank Rob's Genovese Nero?

I have tasted a few from my young tree this year and they're good figs, but doesn't stand out from the crowd. They are definitely monstrous and develop a beautiful skin color, but didn't 'wow' me like I had hoped. How do you rank this fig?
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Two previous years in ten gal pot they were very good. Placed in ground April this year and they have been awful. No explanation.
    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

This is the 2nd year of fruiting from mine. Last year, only main crop, huge figs, pretty good. To me, very much like Blackjack. This year, breba crop also produced large figs, but flavor was richer and much better, IMO. Main crop again very big, similar to my Blackjack, just average after tasting so many other figs.
      Gary USDA 9A
      Sebastopol, CA

Comment

Thanks, guys!
        Anyone else with opinions, please add.
        Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

I truly hope to let you know next year Frank. I hope I hope I hope! !!!
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Working...
          X