X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not wasting any time here

Got Italian 258 in the mail today....planted in the ground already.....so now I have 13 figs planted so far 😎
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Adam Vista, CA 9b

Well that's unlucky. Gottagetsomemore! All the cool kids have over 1,000.
    Bob C.
    Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

I'm stopping at 50 Bob.... And that's it!!!
      Adam Vista, CA 9b

Comment

Nice looking tree, Adam! I hope it rewards you greatly.
        Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Thank you Frank......you're seeing the beginnings of a (hopefully) fruitful fig orchard.....
          Adam Vista, CA 9b

Comment

Originally posted by AdamD123 View Post
            Good luck with that! !!!
            Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Wanna bet?
              Cutting sales start Nov 1 at 9PM eastern time as always at willsfigs.com

Comment

That's what they all say...
                Bob C.
                Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

We all had a limit once or twice, let us know how that works out for you!!
                  Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

To funny, we all said the same thing.

I originally thought 2 maybe 4 would be it, then I thought 20 at most.

I'm now approaching 70 and there seems to be no end in sight.

Perhaps stacking them in the garage and seeing how much space I have will help slow the collecting.

Not likely.
                    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

My limit established in in 2008 and I hope to get there again some day. Again.
                      My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

• HarveyC
                        HarveyC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I meant to say my limit established in 2008 was 24 or 2 dozen. I'll get there eventually, just need to do some culling.

• AdamD123
                        AdamD123 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Harvey...I'd love to see your list of 24 must have figs....

• HarveyC
                        HarveyC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Adam, I haven't picked those out yet, maybe am pretty sure about a dozen or so. Up to this point I've made space to try just about everything that sounded decent. For most of this year I've pretty much added things that really had a compelling reason to add. I think after next year at least half of the 300 or so are going to do a better job of convincing me that they deserve to stay. In many cases, small size or think skins might be reason enough for elimination. Because of some sentimental influences, I wouldn't be surprised if I decide to keep up to 40 but would probably focus growing multiple trees of only 10 or so.

The hard part is knowing that there will be copious cuttings available for purchase in a few months.....I see hundreds of cups filled with twigs in my future....
                      Adam Vista, CA 9b

Comment

famous last words..."Oh that sounds good, I try just that one......HA HA HA HA" Figery loves company.

Comment

Tittle made me think you were leaving the forum, I waste too much time here.
                          Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

Exactly the opposite Phil.....although I don't consider it "wasting time" I think of it as "daydreaming".....especially while I'm at work I am learning lots about figs....today I was reading about caprifigs....thinking I may want to add a couple to my orchard...especially since I will be planting Zidi and unk. Pastilliere....
                            Adam Vista, CA 9b

Comment

Thanks for the good laugh.

I only wanted a single Mission fig when I started.
                              SoCal, zone 10.
                              www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

How many do you have now Gina?
                                Adam Vista, CA 9b

Comment

I honestly do not know. Because of our drought, I've given a good number away. But I still have more than a sane human would have.
                                  SoCal, zone 10.
                                  www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

I understand Gina.....as I collect figs I do ask myself if each one is worthy of watering. The rest of my garden is drought tolerant.... Aloes, cycads, agaves and drought tolerant flowering trees like chorisia, Erythrina and brachychiton.
                                    Adam Vista, CA 9b

Comment

Give in and plant many more, you be rewarded with sweet figs every year in late summer/early fall
                                      Shailesh, Pennsylvania, ZONE 6B

Comment

Working...
                                      X