X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round Two My Friends

My apologies for no contacting anyone or posting but past Wednesday I have another attack in diverticulitis. My doctor admit me into ER a do have been in hospital since Wednesday I have a abcess on my colon above the diverticulitis. They drain 3 large baby syringes of fluid plus I have a drain implanted into my body. Once they find cure to kill Tis abcess the will kill it and wait a month and then remove portion of my colon with diverticulitis. So I be here for few weeks maybe months. Is aad but I want it over already. I am very tired and weak so is hard to type long but you all my family so I let you known how's Thomas. Have wonderful
    Day and I keep you post

Ciao Family
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Just take it one day at a time, and don't let yourself get down about it. Everything passes, even the bad stuff.

Comment

Wishing you the best, Mike. Rest up and heal well, winter rooting season for cuttings is just around the corner!
      Dave- Waterford, Ct. Zone 6a

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. Get well soon.
        Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Take care of yourself Mike.
          Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Get well soon, Mike. Hope you recover quickly.
            Last edited by fitzski; 09-06-2015, 12:43 PM.
            Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Hope you're feeling better.
              Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

I wish you a prompt recovery! Have lots of rest.
                USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

You can do this man. I have a best friend and neighbor that had 18" of his colon removed 10 to 15 years ago. At 81 he still works like a mule landscaping his yard cutting cedar and hauling huge rocks.

So, like what was said above don't get down with this just get through it because there is plenty of good life hereafter.

Chin up.
                  Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Geez Mike sorry to hear this
                    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

God bless, Mike. Praying for your recovery.
                      Ed
                      SW PA zone 6a

Comment

We are hoping for a speedy recovery, Mike.
                        Frank Tallahasee 8B
                        North Florida Figs

Comment

Grazie my friends. Is very hard but I no give up. I lose most of my fat also most of my muscle is sad I look like bean pole. The worst part is I had my one and only ripe fig I wanted to eat from tree I get from hershell and I went in to hospital morning before I planned to eat it. So I hope I have many next year. You guys are all wonderful and my love to you ! I will post soon.

Ciao
                          Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                          1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                          2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

tenati cura paesano
                            I wish you a speedy recovery

Comment

Mike,

You will destroy this issue like you have all other challenges of life.

This winter will see you all healed up and next summer will yells you a plethora of figs!!!!!
                              Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Daily prayers going up for you my friend. Relax, take it easy and it will come to pass.
                                "gene"
                                Zone 9 Houma LA in the bayou land.

Comment

Sorry to hear Fratello. Get well soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Comment

Praying for you,I hope you get to feeling better soon!
                                    Barry
                                    NE GA ,Zone 7b Low Temperature of 4F in 2015,17F in 2016,17F in 2017,6F in 2018,17F in 2019

Comment

Oh man, I wish u the best!
                                      Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Ohhh no! I wish you a speedy recovery Mike and I will say a prayer for you.. Take it easy (piano piano) and let your body do its magic to recover and you will be eating figs again before ya know it!
                                        Ciao Ciao my friend!
                                        My Plant Inventory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...HZcBjcsxMwQ7iY

Rooted Cuttings Available 2021:
                                        https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fxsT1DuH8/edit

Comment

Amico, must be pure hell. I wish you a speedy recovery.
                                          Dale

Comment

Sending good thoughts and healing energy your way, Mike. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
                                            Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

Wow Mike. I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope you recover real soon. Prayers to you my friend.
                                              Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Comment

One step at a time Mike....stay comfortable (if thats possible)...heal up fast my friend....Smith will be on its way soon enough this fall..
                                                Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

Wow, Mike, sorry to hear of this. Hope you recover completely and as quick as possible!
                                                  My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Working...
                                                  X