X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about an ID????

Ok so I got this fig as col de dame gris and I don't think it is. I posted pics of it on Frank's thread of his col de dame noir which is probably not cddn. I'm not upset about this because I have a bunch of col de dame gris now but this fig is a winner and I would like to know what it is. I picked this fig with it raining everyday and it was still good. So let's try to get this one figured out please!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.
    Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Ryan, that's the kind of trees we need in the deep South. It looks great and tasty.
    "gene"
    Zone 9 Houma LA in the bayou land.

Comment

• quackmaster
      quackmaster commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree Gene, when I noticed it was starting to turn colors I was waiting for it to bust open and split and it never did. I can set an air layer if u like, I just wish I knew what to call it!

One thing that appears to be happening with your tree (I think) is that it is transitioning from single-lobed leaves to 5 lobed leaves. My CdDN is doing exactly this as a 2nd year tree. The first year was all singled lobed and this year it is mostly single lobed with a few of the newer leaves coming out as 5 lobed that look like the typical col de dame leaves. The fruit shape looks more or less like a col de dame but I'm not sure about how well the color matches CdDG. So what do you think - perhaps it really is CdDG?
    Steve
    D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
    WL: Nantes Maroc

Comment

• quackmaster
      quackmaster commented
      Editing a comment
      You know steve, that thought did cross my mind. I don't know what a cddg looks like in my climate, I've only seen the pics and they do not look the same for sure, but that is a possibility.

Ryan, thanks for the offer. Because of dietary restriction I may have to limit or greatly reduce my daily habit and joy of eating figs. That would suck big time.
    "gene"

Comment

• quackmaster
      quackmaster commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no, I would get a second opinion!!!

• eboone
      eboone commented
      Editing a comment
      you should discuss specifically with your physician or dietician how you can change the rest of your diet to accommodate figs in season

We will be having discussion, that's for sure.
    "gene"

Comment

Working...
    X