X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Let's see potting benches/work spaces

I may have a chance to put up a potting bench type thing behind my garage, but I need some ideas. Anyone care to share pictures of their setup?
    Last edited by Kelby; 09-07-2015, 05:58 AM.
    https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
    SE PA
    Zone 6

Currently, my potting workspace is either in garden cart where I make my potting mix or a stool and the patio. I've always liked the idea of having a catch basin in a potting bench to deal with spilled potting mix. The other feature that appeals to me is having a pegboard or hooks to hang my tools. One day I might progress beyond just using the ground.
    Johnny
    Stuff I grow: Google Doc

Comment

Mine's really simple.Two,8'x12"x2" pieces of redwood supported by two,24"X6"x4" pieces of scrap lagged into the patio
      cover verticals.Doubles up as game cleaning,juicing,vegetable cleaning station.Anything the wife doesn't want done in the kitchen.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
      Paul Robert,Simi Valley,Ca. 9b

Comment

• Rewton
        Rewton commented
        Editing a comment
        Great setup!

last winter
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
      Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

• Kelby
        Kelby commented
        Editing a comment
        That's not a potting bench, that's a potting greenhouse! Looks awesome.

• Rewton
        Rewton commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, huge operation and beautiful land!

• rusty hooks
        rusty hooks commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks....

Not many have seen it before Kelby...the shade structure will handle about 3500 1 gallon pots in 47% shade

Built this from pallets and old shipping racks. I think it will do the job.
      Attached Files
      https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
      SE PA
      Zone 6

Comment

• fitzski
        fitzski commented
        Editing a comment
        nice way to reuse pallets. I re-purposed the pallet that my lean-to greenhouse was shipped on by painting the top and adding legs. Now it's the "bench" in the greenhouse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1388099938662.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	41919 Click image for larger version

Name:	1388194364844.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	41920
      How about this one, Kelby? Made completely out of pallets. Just had a wild hair one week and went on a building frenzy.
      Faith, family, friends and figs. (Not necessarily in that order).

Comment

• Kelby
        Kelby commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! I bet lumber is pricey there, eh?

My simple (messy) bench. Works great for smaller stuff in the spring. If I were to do it again I would build a split level bench with half of it a couple feet lower for working on big pots.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
      Andy - Zone 6a Lat 39.9º N, Altitude 5390' Westminster CO ⚘ Scion List

Comment

I am jealous of everyone's work space. I have my bags of peat, pine bark mulch, perlite, lime and fertilizer stored on shelves in the garage, when I want to pot something up I drag the bags out on the garage floor or driveway depending on the weather or time of day, with a little stool to sit on to prevent my back from getting cranky.
        Ed
        SW PA zone 6a

Comment

this is mine, pretty simple, just a sheet of plywood with some 2x3s around the edge so the soil will stay on
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
          Buffalo WV Z6

Comment

Some great stuff here!

I need to build one as well, currently I just use the tail gate of my one ton truck. It usually had a load of soil in it and is at the perfect working hight for me.
            Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Working...
            X