X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Col de Dame Blanc My 1st

My 1st fig from this tree Nice looking fig, and really nice for a 1st fig.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Real nice so how?
    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Its a great fig Phil, congrats.
      Rafael
      Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

Happy for you, Phil. Still waiting for my 1st one to ripen.
        Gary USDA 9A
        Sebastopol, CA

Comment

Thanks Guys,
          Herchell, It was very good, Something different I could not really place as I am terrible on profiling. I would have let it go at least another day, but had a evening down pour of about an inch, I have been very dry and needed the rain, but was not chancing it splitting/souring/SWDing before morning. It has some others coming on so hopefully will get another chance of profiling it.

Comment

• Hershell
            Hershell commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm hoping to taste one soon so thanks for posting and profiling. I had one get ripe last week but it got dark so we know what that means. ?/-:;$?$!:;$:$$$$$ but it was good so I'll get to try to figure out what it is. Just glad that I have another tree from another source.

I like the bright red interior.
          Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Phil, very nice looking even if it did need another day. Glad you got rain. More here also. BTW, the organza bags seem to be working against the SWD's if I pull the draw strings really tight around the stem.
            newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Mike,

I did cave in and start using some organza bags this fig was in one and my Black Madeira are as well. Had a couple more of them today and every BM will get one, maybe a few other figs. I did order a size to small 3x4 barely slips over them, and would not over the largest figs

Comment

Really nice fig Phil, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wow, what a beaut!
                  Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

My very first CdDB (UCD) fig is swelling on the tree now so thanks for giving me a preview of what to expect!
                    Steve
                    D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
                    WL: Nantes Maroc

Comment

Working...
                    X