X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brogiotto Bianco Not!!!!!!

Laughing....completely tickled! I bought this fig tree on eBay last July. I kept it indoors all winter and when Spring came, it just took off! I repotted it fed it and kept watering it. It currently has figs on it and there is one fig that I covered. As I waited, days go by then the fig turns BLACK. It's shaped like Black Maderia but this fig has a tight eye and does not split in the rain. The tag says, Brogiotto Bianco. I checked my records and sent the seller a PM and no reply yet. So, I've decided to post pictures of this tree and ripe fruit for replies on what this fig might be.

If the person who sent me this reads this, please note, I am no way upset. This fig could be one of your prized figs that was mislabeled or lost the tag. All I want is to help identify what it is if possible.

Anybody got an idea what this fig is? Here are pics.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 9 photos.
    Dennis
    Charlotte, NC /Zone 8a

Dennis,
    Here is my Brogiotto Bianco NOT Does not look anything like yours one of us has the wrong fig
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

• Chrisk
      Chrisk commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah Phil , yours is a BB NOT#1 and Dennis' a BB not #2 😎

Sort of looks like I258 or Genovese Nero.
    Art
    Western Pa -6a

Comment

LOL! Herman2 says it might be Noire de Barbentane. Well, I have I258 and GN and will compare them tomorrow morning. I think this is great! The ebay seller did contact me and is double checking his sources. But hey, I'm not mad. I just think it's funny. More to come.
      Dennis
      Charlotte, NC /Zone 8a

Comment

• Chrisk
        Chrisk commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool outcome Dennis! I can totally see why you're laughing all the way to the bank! Me? Not that lucky! Everything I buy turns out to be a ...... You guessed it, Celeste😢

My GN and I258 both grow like your plant. What ever it is, it looks good.
      Art
      Western Pa -6a

Comment

I want a cutting. Send it first to someone else, I hear you're a wanted man at the Post Office!
        My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Is there anyone have pictures (with leaf patterns) of Brogiotto Bianco fig pictures? My very very young trees loaded with small fruits. It is quite surprising about my trees fruit productivity. I like to see if it is real one. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Snaglpus View Post
            Laughing....completely tickled! I bought this fig tree on eBay last July. I kept it indoors all winter and when Spring came, it just took off! I repotted it fed it and kept watering it. It currently has figs on it and there is one fig that I covered. As I waited, days go by then the fig turns BLACK. It's shaped like Black Maderia but this fig has a tight eye and does not split in the rain. The tag says, Brogiotto Bianco. I checked my records and sent the seller a PM and no reply yet. So, I've decided to post pictures of this tree and ripe fruit for replies on what this fig might be.

If the person who sent me this reads this, please note, I am no way upset. This fig could be one of your prized figs that was mislabeled or lost the tag. All I want is to help identify what it is if possible.

Anybody got an idea what this fig is? Here are pics.
            It is kind of similar to Brogiotto Nero also

Comment

Working...
            X