X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ciao my fig Family.

Okay today first day I have not been on heavy drug from hospital and have enough strengths to actually get out of bed to go sit on couch! I want to thanks everyone for wishing and prayers and great words to me. So little explanation on my issue.
    First I must get normal again. I was diagnosed with diverticulitis with almond size erupted abcess. TRUE!
    I spend 1 week in hospital and they release me with no follow up cat scan. Say I may return to job. Now I work one week and I feel okay but my doctor call me and as me if I have follow up cat scan and I say no. He say go right away now for cat scan because was no smart to release me Tis fast. So I do after job at 930pm last Wednesday . I drive from cat scan to home one hour and doctor call me as I get out of car and say pack bag and go right back to hospital... My almond turn into golf ball and is at very lethal stage. I go and spend last week in hospital once more. They put drain in my body to get fluid from abscess and keep me on 3mg Dilaudid(10xstrong than morphine) every 2 hour and then take second cat scan and say "looks ok" so release me and now treat me with PICC line (is an IV that is attached from my arm to my heart) at home for at least 3 week with nurse that come every day. I have never been so weak,tired in life. I lose now total almost 38 pound in 3 week including 50% my muscle mass... Now after at home treatment maybe a month I must go back to hospital for colon re section so they can remove portion of my colon with infection diverticulitis. Then 3 more week recovery. I am more sad ever now than ever. I am missing everyone and everything fun and special outdoor. I have only seen my fig trees at my home from my upstairs window and not to farm in long long time....
    For everyone suffering something negative going on or to scare them God bless you and you health ,you family, you property's and of course you trees and gardens.

Ciao
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Be strong buddy. What a nightmare you are going through. Hope you get better soon.
    Art
    Western Pa -6a

Comment

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Grazie Amico.. I can say is very hard to deal with but I hope next year is off to belle start!

Get well soon. We are keeping you in our prayers.

Who is looking after your fig trees?
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Grazie J

At my home my wife check for me and report to what she should do and at the farm my brother is keeping all fig growing. I still worry because he is slow pace and lately we tango with freeze temps at night. But I should be okay soon to go drive and point finger ahahah!

Wow, thank God your doctor at least had the attention to check to see if you had the CT. You are going to have a long recovery ahead of you and we will all keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and try to reflect on your faith and family and not worry about your fig trees, we can always replace those if necessary.
    My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cugino you are correct.. As you and forum are all my family and how we all lift each other spirits when we go down still amaze me. I could not dreams for a better family then you all!

Mike!!!

Dang bro!!!

The figs will be fine, as will you! Come spring all will be as it should.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Grazie Scott.
      I know tis just a little &quot;root rot&quot; but the doctor will fix😉

We think of you every day Mike....stay strong....you can do this

Tie flies....it'll pass the time and you'll have some to use when you get back on your feet....I know you fish

figs are tough trees...they'll be fine....like Harvey says...if they fail, they'll be replaced..
    Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ross!

Is funny you suggest flys! I just start again today! I am a little &quot;Rusty&quot; but I will have plenty in time for salmon run as sun I okay by then ahahaha!

• rusty hooks
      rusty hooks commented
      Editing a comment
      You know how much time it consumes....

hint....get a few new boxes......you'll need them

I was in the hospital for 4 weeks when I was 10 with double pnuemonia.....that's when I started tying...I pulled the threads from the sheets and feathers from the pillows...my folks saw what I was doing and I had a boy scout kit the next evening

I pray you heal quickly. Try to stay positive my friend.
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Grazie Frank! Everyday will be better and better!

Keeping you in our thoughts, Mike. Concentrate on getting well.
    Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Grazie Amico... I never act so tired in my life but wife say best cure to rest. So I do it

Mike, your in my thoughts and prays. Stay strong and don't rush back to normal activities. Please don't worry about your figs, if you loose some, we'll set you back up. You have many friends here and we are all pulling for you.
    Dave- Waterford, Ct. Zone 6a

Comment

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gracie Cugino,
      Everyone is very very healing with you kind words and thoughts. I pray myself that one day I will meet you all and we can all have grandè party!

• Chrisk
      Chrisk commented
      Editing a comment
      I drink to that Mike. Hurry up and get well and we'll make it happen; )

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Deal!

Praying for your quick and complete recovery, Mike.
    Gary USDA 9A
    Sebastopol, CA

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Mike. Get well soon brother.

Comment

• Taverna78
        Taverna78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Grazie Amico!

Praying for you my friend!
      Even if you are exhausted try to do a little exercise each day. No heavy lifting, but you could use ankle weights, small dumbells etc to work on your strength now. Sounds like your ordeal is not ended yet and every little bit you do now can really help with keeping your strength up
      Ed
      SW PA zone 6a

Comment

• Taverna78
        Taverna78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Grazie Ed,
        Sì is long long road and for now I no allowed to use left arm at all. Tis PICC line go almost in my heart. So they no want me to move artificial vein. But yes I will be walk as much I can for now and stay positive!

• rusty hooks
        rusty hooks commented
        Editing a comment
        Even if it's just your eyelids and fingers.....give me 3 sets of ten twice a day

So sorry to read about your health issues. I'm praying for your fast recovery.
      Shailesh, Pennsylvania, ZONE 6B

Comment

• Taverna78
        Taverna78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Grazie.,.amico

Wish you all the best
      Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

• Taverna78
        Taverna78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ryan, Grazie as well!

Get well soon

Comment

• Taverna78
        Taverna78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Grazie C.

Mike,get well soon
      New Bern NC Zone 8a ,Wish list : Col de Dame Rimada ,Galica Negra

Comment

• Taverna78
        Taverna78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ciao Jimmy! Grazie!

Michele

Stammi bene, anch'io sto male.
      Rafael
      Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

• Taverna78
        Taverna78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Grazie cugino. Cerco il mio più grande di essere bene con il medico aiuto

Sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery

Comment

Grazie to everyone kind help heal words! Please I much rather have the prayer you make for me be used for someone in more need of me... There are many many sick people in world that never known what a doctor is... They need prayer... I just need you friendship and family love as well As our other brother and sisters in tis forum that are as well sick or hurt.

You all are diamonds! Grazie and Buon a Notte!

Comment

I'm so sorry that you are going through all of this. I knew someone that didn't have diverticulitis that wasn't nearly as bad as yours and she said it was horrible. I can only imagine what you're going through.

Get well soon.
          Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado, Black Celeste

Comment

• Taverna78
            Taverna78 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cugino Don,

Grazie tis no fun... I wake tis morning at 4am because I can not sleep and now all day no sleep and still awake at 2am Chicago time.

Congrats on making it to the couch yesterday! So sorry to hear you're going through this, Mike. As others have said, hope you heal up and don't worry about your figs or lifting anything heavy. If you lose any figs during this time, I'm sure we can help you replace them.
          Sarah
          Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

• Taverna78
            Taverna78 commented
            Editing a comment
            Grazie my friend ,

Thank for your nice words and you all very special to me

Mike, wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you can exercise a little more every day.

We all know you'll be well and strong again soon.
          Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Good day Fratello . Watching serie A football on TV and thinking about you. I hope you finally got some sleep last night. Best thoughts and prayers your way brother!

Comment

Grazie Chris..
              Last night minimum sleep but is ok. Like Harvey say sleep is over rated.
              Today Bears Packers game noon

Comment

• Chrisk
                Chrisk commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome, keep your spirit up and enjoy the Game. Hey and stay off of those Hot Wings huh

• DaveL
                DaveL commented
                Editing a comment
                Lov ya Mike, but go Packers!

• Taverna78
                Taverna78 commented
                Editing a comment
                No hot suuff for me😳 and I agree Dave. Bears are terrible....

Take care Mike. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.
              Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Working...
              X