X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stella 2015 main crop

I picked a fig off my 1st year Stella. This one ripened in the midst of two tremendous downpours in 3 days. I was hoping to let it ripen longer, but it was already breaking off the stem. I just went ahead and picked it. The flavor was pleasantly sweet and had a berry flavor to it. The sweetness lingered on my taste buds for several minutes after I finished (the gift that keeps on giving), which I thoroughly enjoyed. Since the taste was decent on a young tree ripening in terrible conditions, I could see Stella being awesome ripening under drier, sunnier conditions. This one gets upgraded to the keeper list since it seems to have a lot of potential and I dig the large-ish (for my collection) size and elongated shape.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Johnny
    Stuff I grow: Google Doc

Looks great Johnny. Do you have more ripening this year or did you just leave the one on the baby tree?
    Ed
    SW PA zone 6a

Comment

I've got 3 more I left on the tree, which set not too long after the first one. I should have a few more chances to sample a more fully ripened Stella.
      Johnny
      Stuff I grow: Google Doc

Comment

Looks good. I'm hoping to harvest some next year.
        Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Working...
        X