X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU Scott's Black

I had few from this tree late last season, didn't really get a good representation due to cooling weather, SWD .... Oddly I recall the fig being a different shape before. I have another from another source that has not fruited yet. If this is true I see why folks like it so much, if not I may be happier. It really really impressed me, and I don't think it was just due to the cool but beautiful weather I have had in that last week that I have had few ripening nice. Does this look like your LSU Scott's Black?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

I hope to find out next year!!!!

I have one from Petals From the Past (LSU black) and another I rooted from a generous member (Scott's black). I was not sure if they were the same, looks like they most likely are.

I've knocked off a few figglets that started after July 4th, so I'm sure I'll be comparing with you next year!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I know leaves can vary allot especially on small figs but here's a picture of my tiny LSU Scott's Black.

Yours looks similar to other pics that I've seen. The breba is more elongated from pics I've seen.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
      Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra

Comment

Looks like the one I have. Came from a trusted member. It actually is the most expensive fig tree I have bought, well worth it.
        Wish List - Any LSU fig

Comment

Looks right to me. It sure is a good fig.
          Art
          Western Pa -6a

Comment

Thanks all I thought I remembered it being a little longer fig, but probably bad memory taking more pictures this year. I shared some cuttings last spring so I try and followup if something might not be right.

Comment

That looks like my Scott's Black.I planted my 2yo tree in ground last year and I had some ripe figs on October 13,2014.The tree was killed to the ground in Winter 2015. It is about 6' tall now and baby figs just started popping up on 9-13 so I don't expect any mature figs this year.My avatar pic is a Scott's Black.
              Barry
              NE GA ,Zone 7b Low Temperature of 4F in 2015,17F in 2016,17F in 2017,6F in 2018,17F in 2019

Comment

Phil,
                Thanks for sharing the photos and info. It looks similar to my LSU Black PP from Petals from the Past.
                IMO, they are very good figs, but late ripening at my location, they're not as good as VdB's but have the advantage of a tight eye when ripe.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Phil, is yours in ground and if so did it die back to the ground? Also is this the
                  first ripe figs you have gotten from it this year?

Mine died to the ground and has hundreds of green figs but none have
                  ripened so far.
                  newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

They were put in ground in June, overwintered potted in garage. 1st fig from it this year and no others look very close yet that I have noticed

Comment

This may be one of those just taking up space if it dies to the ground
                      newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Working...
                      X