X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late summer snack

My figs slowed down, so pretty much picking and popping and my wife was lucky at least a couple made it to the house. My Adratic JH is living up to the hype this year as I had my doubts last year. Matsumoto kaki is wonderful.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Looks nice. Enjoy.

Comment

Spare a plate Phil?????
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• strudeldog
        strudeldog commented
        Editing a comment
        If you make the trip here you can have a plate of the the best of whatever is ripe

• COGardener
        COGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope to take you up on that one day.

Phil thank you for all of your pictures this year.

Comment

Yum Persimmons! Nice pictures.
        Brian
        Augusta, GA

Comment

Those look great! How do those persimmons compare to other varieties? I like the crunchy varieties, thinking of getting a giant fuyu.
          Sarah
          Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Thanks for complements on the pics, I been trying to record my figs better this year, mostly just quick gardens snaps.

The Matsumoto is a Crunchy Non-astringent The full name is Matsumoto Wase Fuyu. I believe It's a sport of Fuyu that is earlier Wase means early and seemingly a little larger than Fuyu. I find it more cold hardy and nurseries normally list it as such. It seems. I have read it'd grown commercially and sold as Fuyu, but it's not the original Fuyu to me earlier and more hardy is better, Jiro is also called Fuyu is seems by Left coast nurseries. Most Non-astringent taste very similar to me if at the same stage of ripeness
            Last edited by strudeldog; 09-19-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Nice pics. My JH must be where yours were last year, sort of dry and not making it. I still have a few that I am hopeful for, they look to be swelling nicely.
              Do you have your persimmons in ground or pot?
              Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
              Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

Yes last year my JH was either dryish or SWD slime and really small and a lot aborted so don't give up on them.

My persimmon are all in ground except a couple I got bare root last spring with minimal root that I wanted to baby in a pot where I could water for a year and hopefully develop some base roots.

Comment

great pictures Phil
                  that Adratic JH looked goooood!!!
                  andreas-patras Peloponnisos Greece zone 9a

Comment

Working...
                  X