X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my air layer desert king

6 week airlayers had two i cut off this tree like this and a vdb about the same amount of roots as this too.these were bark removed and used hormone ,i tried others without cutting bark,they did not have but a few tiny roots ,don't even know if they will make it,i heard both ways are good ,but i will never airlayer again without removing the bark and hormone .everybody has there favorite way i guess ?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    zone 6

I did an air layer on my Sweet George, I removed around 1/2" of bark all the way around, no rooting hormone. When I opened the 1 gallon pot, there was such a large root mass that I wondered where the soil went!!!

Looks great, very nice job Chuck! Congrats!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• chuckell
      chuckell commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks yes i did an experiment with this layering ,the ones i didn't remove bark did not even root

Looks good.

I've only done a few so far but I got similar roots by randomly scratching the bark without hormone.

It works so much better than cuttings.
    Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Verdolino, Black Celeste, Moro de Caneva

Comment

• chuckell
      chuckell commented
      Editing a comment
      i agree don it is so fast and they are so much ahead of any cuttings i have done
Working...
X