• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galicia Negra for anyone looking

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Galicia-Negr...item4af0a1da98

Best of luck to anyone who bids!

Nice looking tree Chris!!!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Nice looking fig! Too bad there is no shipping to California 😞
    Adam Vista, CA 9b

Comment

Ship it to a friend near CA then drive out and get it......
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Good luck to the seller and bidders! Beautiful tree.
        Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Tempted

Comment

It is tempting. Maybe I could use two.
            Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

$192.49 dang!

Comment

Must have been a lot of bidding at the end. There were only two bids up to around $80 when I looked about an hour before it ended.
                Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Verdolino, Black Celeste

Comment

Congratulations Chris. Nice sale. Looks like the market is steady.
                  Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

• cdeguida4
                    cdeguida4 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thanks Jerry! market stays steady with these it seems for now. you got the better deal your's is three feet tall, this one was 20 inches

The last 20 seconds were fierce.

Comment

Wow! A better VdB for the 192 greenbacks, awesome!
                    USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Boysenberry Blush

Comment

• HarveyC
                      HarveyC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've eaten quite a few of each and don't think Galicia Negra and VdB are similar, FWIW. Both are very good, but I've thought every Galicia Negra fig I've eaten has been quite a bit different than any other fig that comes to mind.

I'm sure the price will start to come down in a couple years as it makes way into more people's collections and is more readily available.

Comment

• HarveyC
                      HarveyC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree. I expect to have quite a few cuttings for sale this winter and hope to get decent money for them but expect prices to come down quite a bit. I paid a lot for my tree and don't regret it in the least.

thanks Scott! I will keep you posted on my next available, let me know if you plan on being around again in the future in advance and I will plan hold one for you.
                    Chris NE Philadelphia

Comment

• COGardener
                      COGardener commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you Chris, I will let you know.

I have a couple cuttings and one seems to be doing good, I'm looking forward to it very much.
                    Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

I'm glad at least one is doing good for you.

Comment

• quackmaster
                        quackmaster commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yup, that one put out a few roots and grew about an inch or so, as of this afternoon it's still alive. Every time I count my chickens before they hatch I wind up chickenless, lol. Still a ways before it's in the safe zone.

I tried the first one the other day.......pretty dang good if you ask me.
                      Cutting sales at willsfigs.com will continue till about March 1.

Comment

• HarveyC
                        HarveyC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Dang, that was a long time coming, been wondering if some duck got it!

• WillsC
                        WillsC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Harvey,

The ducks get all that they can reach so yes the first couple normally end up in the ducks

Originally posted by exoticplants1 View Post
                      I'm glad at least one is doing good for you.
                      As soon as I mentioned it things went south, I should have kept my mouth shut!
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

• fitzski
                        fitzski commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That happened to me a few times but in at least one case, it dropped the leaves and then bounced back.

Good Luck!

Kevin

Ryan,

The dreaded wilt........the bark is i'm sure rotted under the soil line and the plant is toast. No clue what causes that to happen.........
                      Cutting sales at willsfigs.com will continue till about March 1.

Comment

I'm not sure either, but like you said wills, I can just about promise that the bark is rotten below the soil line.
                        Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

That hurts just looking at the photo....cut off the bottom...bury it sideways...turn it into a single node...it's not over till it's over!!!!
                          Quy
                          SoCal, Zone 9b

Comment

Working...
                          X