X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Pon's fig, but which one?

I got this fig from a buddy as a bordissott negra rimada that reverted back to negra. Well I sent him the pics and he doesn't think it is bordissott but does know for a fact that it came from Mr Pons when he got his cuttings. I will look in my book and see if I can match it but here are some pics incase someone else can make a positive ID. It has a unique shape. I beleive the bordissott figs have a deep red interior and this one is amber.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
    Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Hey Ryan. It looks like the mission figs I but from publics. Excelent tasting . Do you know the Pons Web address? I have been trying to read up on their varieties with no success.

Comment

• quackmaster
      quackmaster commented
      Editing a comment
      No chris, I don't know the Web adress, I ordered his book a few months ago, I'll try to find the link for buying his book.

Thanks Ryan.

Comment

• quackmaster
      quackmaster commented
      Editing a comment
      Your welcome, here's the link for the book, you can choose between two different languages.

Las higueras en las Islas Baleares : campo de experimentación de Son Mut Nou, Llucmajor, Mallorca : Monserrat Pons Boscana, Monserrat Pons Boscana, Miquel Sbert i Garau : 9788461582150
    http://m.bookdepository.com/Las-higu.../9788461582150
    Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

• Chrisk
      Chrisk commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it thanks buddy.

• Rafaelissimmo
      Rafaelissimmo commented
      Editing a comment
      Chris the website is not helpful for what you want to see, but it is Sonmutnou.com. Ryan, no apostrophe in Pons.

Ryan I will try to email Pons for you, he is very responsive to inquiries. I will show him your pic.
    Rafael
    Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

The possesive of Pons is Pons'.
    Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

I tried to correct it after it was posted but I don't know how, my auto correct likes to add apostrophes and I usually catch them but I missed the first one, lol
      Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

I looked through my book, I did find a couple figs that resemble shape and color but nothing I can say for sure.
        Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Working...
        X