X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opelousas LA fig . Please help ID.

Hey there folks.
    I good friend of mine sent me the following pics for possible identification .
    The orchard is located somewhere in Opelousas LA and all trees are either Celeste or Brown Turkey except for this one.
    If you have a guess please help! Thanks in advance!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

I'm not sure about that one chris, and I would have never seen the boat if you wouldn't have pointed it out, you never know where you will find a boat in La, lol
    Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

The titlt to this post had me thinking catfish.
      Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

It's a nice looking fig, whatever it is.

Comment

When I was in that area of LA for fig fest in 2012, I heard the variety 'Guilbeau' mentioned a few times. Yours fits the description given on Dalton Durio's website, but it's not very specific.
          Guilbeau French - This large, green to brown fig comes to us from France. The flavorful pink flesh is very sweet. This is a popular cultivar wherever it is grown. The green skin takes on a little brown coloring as it ripens.
          I am not saying that your fig is definitely the same Guilbeau, just that it could be. There were some pictures posted of this variety posted many years ago on F4F by Cecil. The pics he posted do not match the description above.
          Littleton, CO (zone 5b) - In Containers
          N.E. of Austin, TX (zone 8b)- In Ground.

Comment

I have Guilbeau French fig tree from Dalton Durio.
            Dennis
            Charlotte, NC /Zone 8a

Comment

Cecil's fig was not Guilbeau French.
              Dennis
              Charlotte, NC /Zone 8a

Comment

Working...
              X