X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Nexoe

Very precocious! Rooted this year and ripening now. One more is ripening and maybe a few more if the weather holds out. Very slow to ripen after it swells and droops, but could just be the cool weather. Tough skin but delicious flesh. Really looking to what it can so for brebas! Sorry for blurry pics, my phone stinks. Many thanks to Bob C. for sharing it with me!
    Attached Files
    https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
    SE PA
    Zone 6

Very, very cool Kelby. Do you have a description of the flavor?
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• Kelby
      Kelby commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm no good with flavors, but it was rich. A bit like Sweet George. I liked it a lot.

• COGardener
      COGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      One to look forward to for sure.

Kelby I picked my first Bornholm fig yesterday also and it matches your Nexoe (i've read they are the same). Mine too was slow to ripen after drooping and had tough skin but agree with you that it tasted very nice.
    Tyler

Attached Files
    London, ON, Canada zone 6a

Comment

• Kelby
      Kelby commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! They should be same, I just think Nexoe sounds cooler . I wanted to leave mine another day or two like yours, but it's supposed to rain today.

Mine also gave its first fig this year. I let it get ripe

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ef9BF4dhkuWkmecamU8w61zMvWm28lD3wsB_54a_QoFt=w659-h539-no.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	41750
    Bob C.
    Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

• Kelby
      Kelby commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know....I can still see the skin.

• TylerJ
      TylerJ commented
      Editing a comment
      wow that is ripe!

Makes want to bite the monitor!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Here are leaves for anyone interested, seems to match the typical English BT shape.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
      https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
      SE PA
      Zone 6

Comment

These are my last two Nexoe of the season. They aren't as dark as earlier, due to being so late in the season and the cold weather. I normally don't like figs with a void, but these are really refreshing. Nice and sweet with a melon taste.
        My plant came from a friend in Germany.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
        Art
        Western Pa -6a

Comment

Hi TylerJ,

they are the same as quoted by the_montreal_fig on F4F:

"This variety is originally from the island of Bornholm in the Baltic sea in Denmark. This cultivar is well adapted to the climatic conditions of the Baltic sea. The legend has it that this fig had reached the island during the Hanseatic League and underwent a breed selection in the course of the centuries. The Nexoe is also known as Nexö and the name can trace its origins to the small town of Nexø and is, at the moment, mainly dealt on this island."

you can find it here:
          Last edited by masterful; 12-13-2015, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X