X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colasanti White (not)

Well, here are pics of my Colasanti White fig which doesn't even appear to even be a white fig so I'm guessing it is something else. I know I picked it way to early but I was curious and impatient. It seems to have potential to taste pretty good if I let it properly ripen on the tree. Had a slight berry flavor. Some more are ripening if the cold, rain, or bite marks from the squirrel don't ruin them.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

It looks similar to the pics I've seen of Colasanti Dark. Maybe it was a mix up between the 2 if it was labelled Colasanti's?
    London, ON, Canada zone 6a

Comment

It's good to see what mine will look like. I bought a small tree last year that was labeled as Colosanti White which looks identical to your pic of the tree. I had a feeling it wasn't going to turn out white.

Comment

Another person that bought a Colasanti White actually got a white fig. He seemed to think that it was an Ischia White.
        Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

these are my colosanti red and white just for comparison
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Don, I have a colasanti white, that is a true white. It fruited for me this year and gave me during the dry periods nice shockingly sweet fruit. Almost like eating a spoonful of honey and sugar at the same time. It had a few that ripen during this nor'easter and ended up watery. So, this variety is good, but only if you keep water off of it during the ripening stages.

Sorry that your white was not, but if you still interested in this variety there might be a few cuttings available when it goes dormant. And I don't know what this variety is other than the name in which I got it as.
            Von, Northern VA 7a

Comment

Working...
            X