• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fitzski
    Fig Phenom
    • Feb 2015

Coming soon ... no cost to enter Raffle for ourfigs

Hello all,

I have a couple of extras that I would like to raffle off to support ourfigs.com.

Later this week, Tuesday or Wednesday I will start a new thread saying that the raffle started.

Disclaimer:
    These are 1st year trees that I purchased as cuttings from someone on the trusted vendor list earlier this year, they are a member here as well.

Here are the rules:
    - no cost to enter, only the winner of the raffle pays to support ourfigs ($30).
    - limited to 10 people. The first 10 people who post in the raffle thread saying "please enter me" or something like that are entered. PMs to Wills or I do not count as entries only posts in the thread.
    - only one entry is allowed per member. So if you post "enter me" 10 times in the thread it only counts as one entry (Sorry Hershell )
    - each entrant is assigned a number based on their position in the thread. First person gets 1, second person gets 2, etc. Tenth person gets 0.
    - we use the Florida daily number to determine the winner. Date and Time is to be determined. http://www.flalottery.com/play4
    - if the winner doesn't want them (i can't imagine they would not want them seeing they entered the raffle), we go to the next winner.
    - winner is determined by the leftmost number in the lotto number. EXAMPLE; if the lotto numbers are 5869, 5 is the winner. If the person who has 5 doesn't want the trees, then then second number 8 is the winner and so on.

Here are pictures of the trees in the raffle. They are two different varieties: MBVS and Scott's Black.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by fitzski; 10-04-2015, 10:47 AM. Reason: added tree varieties
    Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)
  • F. Bennett
    Veteran
    • Feb 2015

Great idea, Kevin. I'd like to enter the raffle.
    Zone 7a - VA

Comment

• fitzski
      fitzski commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, it's not starting until Tuesday or Wednesday. Watch for the starting now post.

• F. Bennett
      F. Bennett commented
      Editing a comment
      I read it too fast...my bad.
  • COGardener
    Fig Phenom
    • Feb 2015

Those are some great looking trees Kevin!

This should be prove to be a fast and fun game. And to the victor goes the spoils!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• fitzski
      fitzski commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks, Scott. They are MBVS and Scott's Black.
  • Hobo62288
    • Sep 2015

Hey, I know you can't really answer this but wanted to ask because its important for me. I work evening hours and whenever I see post which requires a quick reply after a random start post in the near future, I usually avoid it because I have no chance because you guys probably work morning hours and when you get home from work and have time to start this, I'm at work. So wanted to know if I will have a chance to partake or not? I'd love to follow this and maybe buy a Fig which supports the forum. I know you probably can't really answer but maybe even in the future someone doing something similar can mention if people working late hours (typically we call ourselves 'Vampires') will have a chance to join in or something. You guys are awesome and I appreciate you all regardless. Even a newbie like myself can see how wonderful this forum is.
    Bryan | Zone 7 NC

Wish List: Takoma Violet, Kathleen Black, BM, Preto, CdD Grise and Noir, Ventura, Maltese Falcon and Maltese Beauty.

Comment

• fitzski
      fitzski commented
      Editing a comment
      For the last raffle only 10 people took part so unless there are a ton of people interested, you hopefully will be able to participate. The MBVS and Scott's Black are fairly common varieties so I'm not anticipating a huge turnout.
  • Hobo62288
    • Sep 2015

Ah, I see. Most the older members will probably already have these. Cool, guess I'll keep an eye out cuz I have neither. Amazing how so many of you are such huge collectors with so many varieties. Thanks
    Bryan | Zone 7 NC

Wish List: Takoma Violet, Kathleen Black, BM, Preto, CdD Grise and Noir, Ventura, Maltese Falcon and Maltese Beauty.

Comment

• fitzski
      fitzski commented
      Editing a comment
      i'm a second year collector, these were some of the first ones I received last year.
  • COGardener
    Fig Phenom
    • Feb 2015

It is pretty easy to grow a large collection, especially with the generous enablers here.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Working...
    X