X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CM7 and Thibideaux

CM7 is the round one on the bottom, one of the best tasting figs I have, its a real sleeper very good fig, and the Thibideaux is on top, just ok tasting, but happy to still be getting a few here and there
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Barry,

I think the CM 7 is awesome as well, a fig nobody ever seems to talk about. It needs a PR firm. If it was named Rouge de Chantinele it would be a LOT more popular.
    Cutting sales start Nov 1 at 9PM eastern time as always at willsfigs.com

Comment

Origin and details of this one? I have been on the fig forum(s) for 2y and never encountered that variety.
      Ed
      SW PA zone 6a

Comment

• Rafaelissimmo
        Rafaelissimmo commented
        Editing a comment
        Ed it is one of Marcus' figs, unknowns from NJ.

Sounds like CM7 may be the next must have fig.
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I had originally collected the CM figs from my wife's grandfather. He had about 11 trees he had acumulated over the years. I just numbered each tree to keep it simple until I could figure out what they were. Most turned out to be Kadota or California brown turkey. So far two (cm7 and cm3 which seems to match a peters honey type.)seem to be winners and I'm waiting to get more samplings from a third to see if it is the same as one of the others, buts it's a winner too. I had sent cuttings out to a lot of people 3-4 years ago, but the people either disappeared or there cuttings didn't make it. So not many people have this one.
        Also, the cm7 and another were his oldest varieties he got from another Italian in Trenton NJ in the 50s and 60s.
        Last edited by 71GTO; 10-09-2015, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I do remember that thread and story. Are you planning to make cuttings available again?
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Very cool, I can't wait to hear more peoples input about it and see more pictures.
            I think I remember that, it could have been right before you became an addict Scott.
            Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
            Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

• COGardener
              COGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not an addict!!!!!

• Chrisk
              Chrisk commented
              Editing a comment
              Scott... Really? Lol

Yes, I would like to at some point try to get this one out there. I have enough that once they get growing they should be good. Unfortunately, due to his health, age, and some other things the trees have been neglected so I there isn't much I can cut from his trees and many were lost from the winters we have had and having to replace the septic at thier house.

Comment

In the event that you will have cutting of CM3 and CM7, please post them. I'm sure there will be plenty of interest here.

Comment

Great to hear from you Barry. Looks really nice and an interesting story about the tree

Comment

CM7 does sound like a good one that I'd like to try someday.
                  Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado, Black Celeste

Comment

Glad you chimed in Marcus, you have a real winner there. It is a must have fig! I'd say for me anyway it's superior to many of the so called premiums in taste.

Good to hear from old friends too Coop and Will.

Comment

Ok, is this the line for the CM-7 and CM3? If yes .. I'm next

Comment

Well heck, with 29 acres I can always use one more fig tree. Don't leave me out.
                        Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

As soon as I can take some decent cuttings I will put it out there.

Comment

Well, looks like there is a line.... I'm glad I got in it early!!

Comment

Hi Marcus.
                              I would like to be on that waiting line for Cm7 and Cm3!
                              Vito

Comment

Working...
                              X