X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End cutting sealed with max for protection when sending

I have received some valuable cuttings from a nice people. I found out all end cuttings were sealed with wax (looks like) for protection purposes for shipping. Please help to adv if I should remove them all before I insert the cuttings in the dirts ? or keep all cuttings remain with sealed wax (looks like) unchanged in the dirts ?

Pacifica
    pacifica
    Last edited by pacifica; 10-09-2015, 01:49 AM.

It's done to protect the cutting from disease and help it retain moisture. Some do it and some don't. No need to remove them.

Comment

Roots will push right through the wax.
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Hi Charlie & Scott : Noted with many thanks.

Comment

No problem Pacifica.

Typically, someone who takes the time to wax the end either a knows what they're doing and or cares about what they're doing. They are doing their best to help ensure your success.
          COGardener
          Fig Phenom
          Last edited by COGardener; 10-09-2015, 02:48 PM.
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I agree that the sender is very professional based on the way he shipped the cuttings to me.

Comment

Working...
            X