X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calvert

Calvert is a nice fig That I never see much posted about. Very similar in taste to other green figs with the deep red center
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

A premier fig.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Tony WV 6b
    https://mountainfigs.net/

Comment

• megojoe
      megojoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve here
      mountainfigs I use a few of your photos on figapedia.com
      I hope it is ok if not let me know.
      and thanks

Steve

There has been a flush of cultivars discussed recently that in the nearly three years I've been playing I've never heard of. Perhaps one day I will collect them all!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Originally posted by strudeldog View Post
      Calvert is a nice fig That I never see much posted about. Very similar in taste to other green figs with the deep red center
      Steve here

I hop you don't mine I use your pictures of the Calvert in the fig list on http://figapedia.com/

if you do want us to use them then please let me know.

Thanks
      Steve
      Q: Fig is a good pass-along plant, Johnson said (LSU). “The same variety may have as many as 25 ‘names,’.” from pass arounds,

Comment

• strudeldog
        strudeldog commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually I would prefer you not use my Pics. I could go into detail but I doubt you would care for my answer.

• megojoe
        megojoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve here
        OK thanks , and I will remove your pictures off the cloud list of pictures asap it may take google pictures eng up to 48 hrs
        to rebot your pictures and Delete them all off the cloud list.
        and thank you for your time and doubt's
        Steve

strudeldog and mountainfigs - thanks for posting your beautiful fig photos! I never seem to tire of seeing those strawberry centers
      Kate - on acreage in a subtropical/warm temperate growing region in south-east Queensland, Australia

Comment

How is Calvert different from Adriatic(JH) or Strawberry Verte? I seem to recall someone posting that it was late. Can those of you growing Calvert chime in in this?
        Ed
        SW PA zone 6a

Comment

• mountainfigs
          mountainfigs commented
          Editing a comment
          Calverte has ripened as early as August 25 here in pot. I think this fig is in circulation as synonyms but anyone's guess as to which synonyms those might be exactly. Tough to distinguish from Paradiso GM-9, Paradiso Bronze, and Battaglia Green here.

Ed,

It's very similar to those figs, which in my opinion makes it a very good fig, but if you are limited on space and already growing similar probably would not be a must have. Here are my 1st fig ripen dates from 2016 for Calvert and a couple similar figs, They are not not all same year in ground so just a rough estimate. Calvert and Bataglia green have been slower growing with less vigor than the other 2, and believe others have noted that on Calvert. I am not sure why on my Bataglia green, many seem to favor it. For me Adratic JH and Strawberry Verte are more productive and healthy trees.

Adratic JH 9/1/2016
        Bataglia green 9/10/2016
        Strawberry Verte 9/14/2016
        Calvert 9/18/2016
        Last edited by strudeldog; 02-13-2018, 07:29 AM.
        Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

• eboone
          eboone commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Phil. It has been on my peripheral radar, good to know I don't "need" it
      Working...
      X