X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donate button question.

Upon clicking on the Donate button, I get redirected with a phishing warning. Now, I completely trust this site and I can't find any compromise on my computer. Is it safe to proceed? The picture is the warning that I get.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    PPP
    Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

I got the same thing when I clicked on it with Avira.

I can't guarantee you that it's safe but pretty sure that it is as long as you confirm that you are going to the pay pal site in your address bar.
    Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

I have not gotten that page.

If you have a pay pal account, just go in from there to be safe.

Wills will need to have the host look into it.
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Ya, I would just go into PayPal and manually enter the info, just to be safe. I use AVG and Avast but have never got that. The PayPal address to donate is [email protected]
        Bryan | Zone 7 NC

Wish List: Takoma Violet, Kathleen Black, BM, Preto, CdD Grise and Noir, Ventura, Maltese Falcon and Maltese Beauty.

Comment

The issue is with your anti virus software, Avira, my guess is it does not like the redirect to paypal. When I click on it I get the Paypal HTTPS page and as long as the S is there it is a secure site and transaction.
          Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

I suspected that it was just a false positive from the Avira Browser safety function. It is actually a remnant from a temporary Avira install. I actually use AVG. One update to AVG kept crashing my computer and continued to do so after multiple reinstalls. I had to dump AVG for awhile and needed something else, so I chose Avira. Eventually, I was able to put AVG back on my computer.

Thank you all for your responses.
            PPP
            Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

Working...
            X