X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ONE and only ripe Bi39

Ciao Family!

I go to farm today to water and I believe is last water of year. Every tree is looking sleepy and ready for winter nap. All of my bought,gifted and traded trees from everyone are doing very well most all with Fig on them but no enough time to ripen. I can no wait next year!

Long behold Papa Bi39 came back belle! Some small Fig on it that will no ripe tis year BUT one single Fig at very bottom is ripe and a bit littler than normal but taste is explosive sweetness and remind me of home. So to all who now have Bi39 tis is preview of you fruit next year!!

For member that no known Bi39 story I copy link to it for you read!

http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-ho...s-please-enjoy
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Looking forward to it Mike
    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Do tis look like other type Fig?

Comment

Nice pic's Mike, I'll really looking forward to trying some next year.
        Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Cool. I was wondering what the fig would look like. Nice colors.

Mine has sprouted any figs yet but I've got some side shoots that I'm hoping I can air layer early next year to give away.
          Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

That looks very much like I want one! Beautiful!

Comment

Looks an awful lot like this one but no description.

http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox....pid=1285316122
              Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Hi Mike.dm
                Nice looking fig, maybe next year I'll get to taste it?.
                All my trees also look like there ready to go to sleep,, but my house is under construction right now and I can't put them away yet,
                maybe in a few weeks?
                vito

Comment

I know normally the Bi39 Fig is deep purple with lighter lines but I pick tis one now because I know if I did. It my brother would have eat and no tell me ahahaha! Or animal would of. I could of used mane few more days to color more but still taste belle! You will see next year how lovely they look

Comment

Mike I can't wait! I had to pull a little over half a dozen figs off of Bi39 this month. I'm sure she will have some nice ones next year.
                    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Oh belle!!
                      Is wonderful ! Next year you will have great fruit if she make fruit that early !

Comment

I'm real exited!

Comment

It looks like a fine fig!
                          Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Looks like a fig I gotta have. Oh wait, I already have it, thanks to you my friend.

It's going in the ground today. I picked a special place for it next to my front porch where, when I'm drinking my coffee in the morning, I can admire it and wonder how your fig orchard is doing.

It has a tiny fig at the top about the size of an English pea. I don't think it will ripen this season.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                            Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

• Taverna78
                              Taverna78 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Waow!!

She is very big now!

You spot you pick is perfect and good looking soils too!
                              Where she come from in mountain is look same soil. Many rocks and pouris

What a wonderful looking fig!

Comment

Grazie! Is sad to put to sleep now but I can not wait till spring. I may try give one baby 100 hour chill time and grow under lights over winter inside.

Comment

You wouldn't even have to put it to sleep this year if you wanted to grow it inside.

Comment

Oh yes she is in ground... I must put to sleep. I make some cutting E pochi alberi che sono piccole but want to wait until the all sleep to offer to my friends on ourfig and I must repay a few member that already wait for Bi39 before I go into hospital. But I will have cuttings too!

Comment

• don_sanders
                                    don_sanders commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Oh, I see. I was thinking a pot. :-)

I hope next year you have a whole tree full of figs.
                                  Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Comment

That fig is full of fall colors. Looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                    X