X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bourjassotte Gris main, A+

This is the first one for me, I didn't know what to expect, the fig broke any expectations.
    Large and not hollow, doesn't split, the skin is thin and ripens quickly, the taste is intense just as the looks.
    Highly recommend it.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
    USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Gorgeous fig! I love the color, and if the flavor was even half as good as it looks it would be a keeper.

Comment

A beauty for sure!

.... and another one for the list. .....
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

If gris is gray its color is true. Beautiful fig.
        Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Delicious looking fig...
          Is it caprified? Thanks
          Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Thank you, all!
            Yes, it was caprified but I believe it is a great fig outside the wasp area too.

Comment

Big congrats greenfig! That looks wonderful....both the gray skin and deep scarlet interior.
              Adam Vista, CA 9b

Comment

Igor

Did you get that from Gary by chance? I have a couple that I rooted, supposedly from Prusch Park via CRFG.
                Rafael
                Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

• Rafaelissimmo
                  Rafaelissimmo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Netstars read the thread, its mentioned in at least two places that my tree came from Gary who got his cuttings from the Prusch Park Bourjasotte Grise, which to my knowledge is the only true source in the USA version of BG

• Netstars
                  Netstars commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is awesome Rafael. Hope things are going smoothly in your life and you have figs galore this year!

• Rafaelissimmo
                  Rafaelissimmo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Netstars, all the best to you as well

I'm trying to source this one, been hoping I can come across it soon, your pics look outstanding!
                Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Agreeing with everyone else, that Fig looks so awesome. That dark red/scarlet color is the best with the greyish-green outside. I want a grey Fig anyway and if this one looks like that even if not caprified then it could be the one for sure
                  Bryan | Zone 7 NC

Wish List: Takoma Violet, Kathleen Black, BM, Preto, CdD Grise and Noir, Ventura, Maltese Falcon and Maltese Beauty.

Comment

Glad to see B Gris produce for you, Igor. It's a great fig in or out of wasp territory. Even so, Mine were uniformly disappointing this year. It grew very well out of dormancy and set a large crop...and in late June I made the mistake of up potting it. I didn't disturb the roots much but it still shed many of its leaves and hose figs it did ripen were all bland and somewhat like cardboard. Did the same thing to Socorro Black and a couple of other not quite as reputable figs, so I know it was due to up potting a fairly mature tree too late into the hot season. Every year I am humbled by my gardening mistakes. Still ate a lot of good figs this year.

Rafael, Igor's B Gris is originally sourced from Prusch. That's where the fig cuttings for most Northern California CRFG scion exchanges come from, and is where I picked it up a few years ago. Last year it was easily one of my top five figs.
                    Neil
                    Reno, 6b

Comment

• Rafaelissimmo
                      Rafaelissimmo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Neil, that's where Gary got the ones he sent me as well. I really look forward to this one!

B Gris was one of my more stand out figs this year also for a first year fig tree. I brought my tree in a pot with ripening fruit inside at night to keep the critters from getting it and the fruity fragrance from the two ripening figs filled the room. People had posted that it drops figs easily, but that wasn't the case here. It has two more ripening figs and I'm watching them carefully.
                    Mara, Southern California,
                    Climate Zone: 1990=9b 2012= 10a 2020=?

Comment

Here's my baby b. Grise that I purchased from Wills. I sure hope it is the same clone.
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Adam Vista, CA 9b

Comment

Nice, just won this from one of Rafed's auctions, this makes me very excited. Does anyone have any pics of an un-pollinated BG?

Comment

Anyone have any idea if this has the same flavor profile as Bourjassotte Noire like the Col de Dam varieties do?
                          Zone 7A - Philadelphia
                          Flavor Profiles & Variety List / Facebook / YouTube / Blog

Comment

sure this looks delicious. so many figs so little time.
                            larry

Comment

I was going to ask the exact same question as ross.

Another semi-related question: How does the flavor profile of Col de Dame Gris (or Noir) compare to Bourjassotte Gris (or Noir)?

Comment

That fig is just beautiful! It almost looks like it belongs in an old, European painting.
                                USDA Zone 9b Wish list: Abruzzi, Pasquale, Filacciano, Tagliacozzo, Zingarella, Godfather. Any, including unknowns, from Abruzzo, Italy.

Comment

Lol! It is the best compliment an iPhone can get for the quality of photos taken

Comment

Now I am really regretting failing those cuttings
                                    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

• Sarahkt
                                      Sarahkt commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      If you remind me, I'd be happy to layer one in the spring if you don't already have alternative plans.

Looks beautiful, Igor! I love those fine cracks in the skin.

I have a couple about to ripen, looking forward to tasting the first fruits off the tree.
                                    Sarah
                                    Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Nice to see....rooted 3 last year and one is in the new orchard....can't wait

another one to anticipate, drooling at the orchard gate...
                                      Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

You posts like this is why I've been trying to stay off the fig web site. Now I have another fig I want to grow and I really don't need anymore right now!!!
                                        NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

• greenfig
                                          greenfig commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Sorry about that (not really, lol) !

Would you be willing to sale me a clipping? Or, please let me know where you purchased your tree? I live near your zone and I wanted to plant a tree in honor of my late cat. Thanks!

Comment

Yes, I did. I grew it, babied it, picked it, took a picture of it and just now I ate it. I was terrific. Soft, solid thru out, sweet like honey and so rewarding. Yes, I know that it was small and not much bigger than the penny next to it. But..... there are 9 more on my little 3 year old tree. What great fun. Thank you Mr. Greenfig for sending me this tree. It will be big enough this year to take a few cuttings from.
                                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• greenfig
                                            greenfig commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            You are welcome!

• leon_edmond
                                            leon_edmond commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Is that a nickle?
                                        Working...
                                        X