X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions, decisions....

Just bought 3 fig tres, ischia black, cddn,cddg and the gentleman is nice enough to grow in some cuttings. Here is the list. But what to get .....
    LSU BLACK
    ALMA
    LSU SCOTT's Black
    O'ROURKE
    RDB
    CHAMPAGNE
    SBT
    DESERT KING
    LSU GOLD
    WHITE MARSEILLE
    HARDY CHICAGO
    DR GOWATY
    Zone 7a Galloway, NJ

Nice! How many varieties did he offer to send you?

Tasted RdB this year, was delicious.
    Sarah
    Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

I have most of those and my choice would be O'Rourke but that is in California, not sure how they rank on the East coast. Congrats on the purchase too, nice varieties!
      USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Boysenberry Blush

Comment

These are some that people seem to enjoy in the Northeast: RDB, LSU Scott's Black, O'Rourke and/or Champagne.

For me in Eastern MA, hardy chicago has been workhorse. It produces year in, year out regardless of the weather.

It also depends on what kind of figs you like: honey, berry, adriatic, etc. More about these flavors in this link:

http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-ho...-flavor-groups

Good Luck.
        Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

I think I would pick these if he'll send you four:
          RDB
          O'ROURKE
          CHAMPAGNE
          HARDY CHICAGO or Scott's Black but HC is supposed to ripen earlier.

They generally get great reviews and cover four flavor groups.

RDB is supposed to be very early and excellent tasting if you get just one.

Disclaimer: I hadn't tasted any of these yet. Just going off of other people's posts and what I'm trying to do. Hopefully, next year, I will. :-)
          Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Verdolino, Black Celeste, Rubado, Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra

Comment

Ok I took lsu Scott black, orourke, and champagne, I already have red and Chicago so this should be good!
            Zone 7a Galloway, NJ

Comment

Working...
            X