X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's all, folks

Hard frost today.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
    SE PA
    Zone 6

Yup that is fried.
    Cutting sales start Nov 1 at 9PM eastern time as always at willsfigs.com

Comment

Will the green tips die back causing multiple branching next spring? What to do if one wants a single trunk tree?

Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

• Kelby
        Kelby commented
        Editing a comment
        Grow in a pot or move far, far south or west.

• AscPete
        AscPete commented
        Editing a comment
        Possibly, but all you need to get a single trunk tree is to Stake/Train/Prune a single bud in spring as the new main trunk.

That's interesting Kelby, we should have had frost here weeks ago but haven't.

The forecast keeps changing and it's staying very much unseasonably warm. The thermometer on my car read 51 at 6:30 this morning.
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• Kelby
        Kelby commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a bit early here, but not out of the ordinary. Back into the 70's mid-week!

It was 21*F this morning and all the exposed fig trees were exposed to a killing frost, but all the zone hardy trees and plants came through almost unaffected.
      Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

• GregMartin
        GregMartin commented
        Editing a comment
        Pete, will the 21 kill back all green growth? We also got 21F and I have a few in ground experiments that I didn't yet cover so I'm just curious if this one night will knock them back.

• AscPete
        AscPete commented
        Editing a comment
        Greg,
        No it did not kill all the green growth because it warmed up (above freezing) within a few hours. If not protected continuous low temperatures below freezing and direct frost will kill the green tips.

Well I'm new to Figs so I didn't have any outside to die but all my other plants died. Peppers, poha/cape gooseberry, etc. My passion flowers are good, even potted ones. Some of my holy Basil and brahmi died but others didn't. Microclimates I guess cuz they were on opposite sides of the house.
      Bryan | Zone 7 NC

Wish List: Takoma Violet, Kathleen Black, BM, Preto, CdD Grise and Noir, Ventura, Maltese Falcon and Maltese Beauty.

Comment

Condolences. I'm fast running out of figs that are likely to ripen but I did get the best Bryant Dark of the year last night

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bryant Dark.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	44743

And a good Lattarolla

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lattarolla.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	44744
        Bob C.