X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member here.

Hey all just peeking in to say howdy and I'm glad to have found another great resource for fig knowledge! I'm from NorthEast Texas and have about 50+ fruit trees, with a few of those being figs(2 x Violette de Bordeaux,2 x Black Mission,1 x TX Everbearing,2 x Alma,2 x Celeste,1 x Lemon and on the way 2 panache, 1 kadota, 1 peter's honey) .

So far I've really like growing them and am looking to expand to about 60-70 fig trees in the orchard, as well as broaden my knowledge of propagating and selecting varieties for the best taste.
    Wish List : Cold Hardy/Prolific bearers - Letizia , Florea, G. Paradiso, Lattarula, any Sals varieties, Negronne, Navid's Unk. Dark Greek, Bass' Fav.

welcome, here's a link that helps some newcomers have found helpful.

http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-ho...erenced-topics
    Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Welcome aboard.
      Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Welcome! There are a few Texans here who could probably steer you right. Are you in a high or low Summer humidity part of TX?
        Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

• paracletefarms
          paracletefarms commented
          Editing a comment
          Humidity is in relation to the amount of rain we get, which typically is very little during the summer. I'm about an hour north of Dallas so in my opinion, low humidity.

Welcome.
        Kentucky Zone 6b

Comment

Welcome! I doubt you'll have much difficulty expanding your fig collection.
          Sarah
          Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Welcome to the group.
            Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

glad to have you with us. nice nice people here with no egos only big hearts and a wealth of knowledge. they are nice to nubbies. Lil fig colors stars on her fig dunce hat. LOL

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Welcome to Ourfigs

newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Welcome!
                    I just joined this group recently! It looks like we have a bunch of nice fig folks here!

Comment

Welcome
                      Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Welcome!
                        Zone 7a Galloway, NJ

Comment

Welcome!
                          Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                              Ed
                              SW PA zone 6a

Comment

Welcome, beware of the Hershell.
                                Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

• paracletefarms
                                  paracletefarms commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I'm afraid to ask why, haha.

• Hershell
                                  Hershell commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Just because

Welcome! Lots of us noobs here and I can tell you there is nothing but good people here who are always willing to help.. Beware of fig fever lol, I've got it pretty bad
                                My Plant Inventory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...HZcBjcsxMwQ7iY

Rooted Cuttings Available 2021:
                                https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fxsT1DuH8/edit

Comment

Welcome. The site is full of great info from some real friendly people.
                                  Bill - Long Island, NY 7a
                                  Wish List: Glacia Negra and any fig from Bari.

Comment

Working...
                                  X