X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few late tastes 10-21-15

Maybe not what they were a month ago but Black Madeira and Adratic JH don't need to be their best to be good. some of the 1st Samoa Sunshine, Flanders and Ventura for me. Sheng Persimmon is very good.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 12 photos.
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Late season or not they still look really good!!
    Kentucky Zone 6b

Comment

Nice! The Black Madeira and Adriatic JH look especially good.

How was that Flanders? I've had Flanders figs with that color interior, but usually the skin has more violet streaks to mix with the green. Weather/location differences, I guess. It's the first year fruiting, and has been hit or miss so far, though the last one was the best one so far, with maybe 5 or 6 to go.
      Sarah
      Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Wow!!!! Those all look amazing Phil!
        Quy
        SoCal, Zone 9b

Comment

Those look great! The season is not over yet.
          PPP
          Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

Nice pictures. They look awesome.

Comment

Thanks for comments folks. These ripened with the prior few mornings in the upper 30s F so I was a little surprised and pleased that were as good as they were. The BM even developed the syrup. Gives me more hope for the many on the trees if we don't get a hard frost. Warming near 80 today.

Sarah, The Flanders I am hoping the temps are factoring on the color both interior and exterior and I am half questioning it is true. I rooted it from USDA UC Davis cutting so I imagine it is correct, but I will have to see how it looks going forward and noted the ? of it in my records. The fig was shaded under leafs which might have factored on the exterior at least. As far as taste it was not that memorable, but it was preceded by the BM and JH which set the bar pretty high.
              Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

• Sarahkt
                Sarahkt commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, Phil.

My own Flanders is just fruiting this year with results that were largely not that memorable either. It's described as one of the finer tasting figs, so hoping it just needs time.

I needs to get me a persimmon. Thinking Saijo, but I've only ever had what the grocery store sold me, so what do I know.

Awesome to hear Adr JH produces so long. I want it to be a work horse for me down the road.
              Brett in Athens, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

My Adriatic JH has around 10 medium sized figs on it. None have ripened yet. I put the pot in full sun today hoping to speed things up a little.
                Mara, Southern California,
                Climate Zone: 1990=9b 2012= 10a 2020=?

Comment

Working...
                X