X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuttings contest World Series Game 3

One guess per person.

I will put together a cuttings package to winner. I don’t think this is an actual baseball statistic , but in trying to keep a little more suspense and the outcome in question until the end of game here we go. 1st post that names player who is credited with the RBI on run of the winning team that is 1 above the losing team score Example if the final score is Mets 8 Royals 5 The players whose at bat is credited with RBI for the Mets 6th run would be the winner. Must be posted BEFORE they score the run in World Series Game 3. This is close to and could be the same as Game winning RBI but will keep the outcome up in air until the last bat of the game.

Folks you don’t need to know Baseball to play this just go find player (non pitcher is suggested) in either team’s starting lineup and if no one has posted that name yet post it. You have a decent chance at what will probably be around 20 cuttings consisting of 5 or 6 cultivars or such. Cutting will be sent after my trees go dormant. I don't know which cultivar yet, but hopefully I will be able to find at least something worthwhile to most, even though I doubt I have 5 or 6 cultivars that some of you don't already have, if that be the case just tell me to send to a newbie of your choice.

Lets Play Ball, Best Figs to you
    Last edited by strudeldog; 10-30-2015, 04:34 PM.
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

My guess is again David Wright...go Mets!

Awesome contests btw. Thanks!
    May the Figs be with you!
    ​​​​​

Comment

I guess I'll pick Lorenzo Cain again.
      Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra

Comment

Why not. Lucas Duda again.
        Brett in Athens, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

One mo time! Y Cespedes, go Mets. Good fun Phil, thanks.
          Dave- Waterford, Ct. Zone 6a

Comment

One Note US mainland addresses only

Comment

Eric hosmer

Comment

Daniel murphy
                Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Moustakas
                  Travis
                  Pittsburgh, pa

Comment

Alex Gordon
                    Quy
                    SoCal, Zone 9b

Comment

BrianM with Hosmer is sitting on the cuttings to start the game

Comment

BrooklynMatty and David Wright forcefully take cuttings

Comment

• BrooklynMatty
                          BrooklynMatty commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Woo, doubt the lead will last long so early in game though

• strudeldog
                          strudeldog commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's already gone The cuttings have been dropped nobody has them

OMG who gets that RBI? Home taken on a passed ball does the batter get an RBI? Help me here guys. My initial google is telling me no RBI is credited for either a passed ball or a wild pitch.

If there are folks setting out lots of players left not to late. Can't believe no ones on Escobar with as hot as he has been
                        Last edited by strudeldog; 10-30-2015, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Darryl Strawberry!

Comment

• BrooklynMatty
                            BrooklynMatty commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hahaha

• strudeldog
                            strudeldog commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I am Ruuting for you Rui, but It that happens you can have every fig plant I have

Daniel Murphy
                          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• strudeldog
                            strudeldog commented
                            Editing a comment
                            might want to rethink look at post 8 Take someone else Scott

• COGardener
                            COGardener commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I asked a friend, that was his answer so I put it in. I don't do sports on any level at any time for any reason.

Just not my thing.

Thanks for the game though Phil!

• strudeldog
                            strudeldog commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Scott just take escobar you can rechoose just not a player already posted

Granderson with nobody supporting now has the cuttings. You can still take Granderson for a future at bat but not the cuttings for this RBI needs to be posted prior to the run

At least I can quit trying to figure out the passed ball run RBI
                          Last edited by strudeldog; 10-30-2015, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• fitzski
                            fitzski commented
                            Editing a comment
                            thanks for updating on the fly, Mike.

I'm going to have to start watching the game now.

Conforto without anybody loving him would have the cuttings if the Royals score another run but like Granderson not for this RBI, but maybe a future one, and who is this Mike you speak of Kevin?

Comment

• fitzski
                            fitzski commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Sorry, I meant phil

Uribe looking at the cuttings if the Royals score 2, but don't choose him folks too late for this RBI and he was pinch hitter for the pitcher

Comment

This might sound odd but BrooklynMatty and David Wright need the Royals to score 3 or 4 runs
                            and DaveL and Céspedes need the Royals to score 5
                            Last edited by strudeldog; 10-30-2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I guess me and Granderson keep these cuttings. We need to find more fig players to cover the lineups really didn’t think it would be this hard to give away cuttings. Guess nobody else wants to play with me. I don’t want to allow 2 selections for a couple of reasons. if I do Game 4 I will keep this format as it took me 3 games to find it but I like the fact that even though the game may have been decided, but the cuttings could exchange hands to the last swing of the bat. Thanks for Playing.

I apologize if it sounds like I was talking to myself at the end of thread. I do that a lot just usually not online, just trying to keep the status and hopes up and keep me straight if I make a mistake

Comment

• fitzski
                                fitzski commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I enjoyed reading the updates. Looking forward to game 4.

• BrooklynMatty
                                BrooklynMatty commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Very intense statistic game, couldn't wait for the results this morning. Thanks for letting us play

• fitzski
                                fitzski commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Maybe if you added "Free" to the title, more people would enter?

Just a thought?

Last night, I was flipping between the Bruins game and this game last night.

Good thing my wife was sleeping she hates it when I watch multiple games at the same time.
                            Working...
                            X