X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Jack

This came from a branch i grafted onto a black mission this year. The branch is about 3 feet long now. The fig was really sweet. Not very complex...just a simple figgy flavor. I like it just for the size! (sorry if i'm posting common varieties....its my first year growing figs and i'm super excited!!!)
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Quy
    SoCal, Zone 9b

That is a nice looking fig Q, even though it is thought of as common I don't think it's a fig that everyone has like Hardy Chicago.

Very nice!!!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Looks delicious all the same. Lighter tasting figs can be quite refreshing. Nice work.
      Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
      Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

Nothing says a fig has to be fancy or rare to be shown. Good job, they are all something to be enjoyed and proud of.

That's a big eye on that fig!

Would you mind posting pics of the leaves?
        Ed
        SW PA zone 6a

Comment

Black Jack is on my mental list to acquire, I'm glad you posted and reminded me.

I need to write them all down.
          Last edited by COGardener; 10-31-2015, 09:08 AM.
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Thanks guys!
            HI Ed. Here are pictures of the leaves and branch
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
            Quy
            SoCal, Zone 9b

Comment

Still green and growing in Phoenix I see.... must be nice.

Comment

Sorry Scott.....look on the bright side.....at least you get to ski and make a snow man every year!
                Quy
                SoCal, Zone 9b

Comment

• COGardener
                  COGardener commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol,

To bad I don't do either.

• cis4elk
                  cis4elk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL!

I like seeing all of the pictures too. Common or not.
                Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Just got done moving all the pots from the lawn to a south facing wall to maximize the last weeks of the season....all but 4 of the plants were grown from cuttings in Jan/Feb of this year.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                  Quy
                  SoCal, Zone 9b

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Looks beautiful! I have Black Jack tree from Willis Orchard. It is definitely keeper for me. Not supper sweet or super flavorful but fruits are huge, beautiful and delicious.

Comment

Agree with ed. No apologies. Just fig pictures
                        Ike
                        bergen county NJ 6b
                        Wish list: oh lets face it Ill take any variety I dont have!!

Comment

Great picture thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                          X