X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Col De Dame Blanc!

This Fig is from a 2 year tree supposedly, which was purchased from a reputable seller. Wasn't sure when to pick it considering my first year fig growing experience isn't that great, But once I noticed the green began to become a much lighter green with yellowish tint, the eye turning a little red, and the Fig becoming rather soft to the touch, and the crack indentations was enough for me to pull the plug. I'm hoping the flavor is good considering we had a hot summer here in Southern California although with Fall here now we've been getting chilly nights and morning lows in the 5O's... For now I have to wait for my wife to come home so we can try it together.... I seriously contemplated not telling her lol
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Claymango; 11-05-2015, 11:36 AM. Reason: Delicious! I think I nailed the ripeness! A nice complex sweet Fig, didnt quite taste like the berry flavored Ronde De Bordeux...this was much more complex in flavor....hard to describe.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Nice Clay! I have a young Col de Dame Gris and hope to get some figs off it next year.

Originally posted by Claymango View Post
      For now I have to wait for my wife to come home so we can try it together.... I seriously contemplated not telling her lol
      Ha! Yeah, my wife likes figs as much as me, that would cause major problems here

Comment

Working...
      X