X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 topic in 1 post.... With expression thru music...

First and most important hello my Fig family!

Okay
    1) we pulled the trigger on bringing most our potted trees into winter storage maybe 2 week early. Two week ago weather say 50's day time 30's night. We have two day of predicted weather and went back to mid 70's in day and 50's night time. So they drop leave and now starting to bud again and NOW is staying as predicted weather.
    So tis will not bother trees? Do I pinch off new growth or leave it be until spring?

2) I have a couple baby tree I am grown inside over tis winter. Some just budding and two with many leaf. One of the two with leaf bad rust spots and yellowed leaf. Will rust spread? Should I make tis one dormant to stop rust?

No worry Vito. Yours is separate and is starting to bud well!

Finally

3) today my 4 day back to work. If you never known my job is deliver kegs of beer in Chicago. Very physical. It amaze me how much power and strength I lose from hospital. I know I will gain it back but I catch myself singing this song in my head lately....

http://youtu.be/ldQrapQ4d0Y

And when I come home I feel like a cry baby that get beat by 50 guys so then I catch myself sing tis song.

http://youtu.be/1iAYhQsQhSY

Grazie and Ciao
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Glad you are back at work. I hear ya on the songs. Been their.

How is in ground fig orchard doing?
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Grazie J!

The figs are out of ground and sleep now. We buried big ones and hope my luck turns around too see them live in spring.

I hope you are well!

Haha, that first video was funny.

For 2, I brought some little tree in as well that had started developing rust. I pulled any leaf that look like it had any rust on it a few days ago. They looked really sad after that but they look like they are putting on new leaves already. I'm hoping that and the lower humidity in the house will be enough to prevent any future rust.
    Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

I am trying tis also D

Comment

glad to hear that you're back at work.

i removed all rust looking leaves from my tiny fig trees that are in the basement now.

Hopefully they'll survive the winter down there.
        Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Welcome back to the world fratello . You will get stronger and stronger with every passing day and you will fall back to your routine before you know it. I put all my fig babies to sleep for the winter because otherwise I know I'll kill them. I'm not properly equipped with grow lights and stuff and those little bugs..... All over the house.
          I hope you and your little trees do great and thanks for the nice songs.

Comment

Ciao guys ! Thanks for the feedback. I removed all rust leafs and we will see what happens. I hope it go away. It is not nice to look at

Comment

Glad to see you're back at work. I say don't pinch the new growth. Leave it. I'm also thinking of growing a small tree inside during the winter. I may even turn it into a bonsai.
              Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Comment

Working...
              X